'92 MAF on a '95 sc???

AlanEdwards

I need a MAF. I've found a factory MAF off a '92. All I really need is the sensor. Does it have the same settings and will it fit and work on my '95 SC?

Thanks,
Alan

SCme said:
The housing is the same, but the electronics can only come from a 94/95 car.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard and read here that I could use MAF sensors off of Mustangs and Mk VIII's. What year and off of what engine would I be able to use?

If not, what year of what car can I use, so I won't get so freakin' frustrated when I can't find a MAF from a 94/95 SC ?

Bear in mind, I want to keep decent gas milage, like from factory (25 hwy). Mine is running too rich now, so I'm getting way low MPG's. I've tried cleaning it, to no avail. It's running low voltage, so I'm just going to replace it.

Thanks,
Alan

Last edited:
The housings are different but the electronics are compatable.

Basically you can take the earlier SC electronix and put them in your 94/95 housing.

94/95 is 70mm

Dont forget the calibration for injectors is in the EEC not in the mass air

Thanks much for your time, but I do realize the difference between the housing and the module. And I know that early models had the 55mm and mine is a 70mm.

What I want to know is... What modules can I use, from what cars and from what years, and what engine, will be an exact match without having to reset my EEC.

Thanks and God bless,
Alan

Seriously...Any fox body stang 5.0, cobra , v6..Any year supercoupe..SOemyear taureses....Many ford applications fit

Easist to find would be a 5.0 stang unit from late 88-95

Damon

I thought that the electronics were not the same.

Maybe I miss understood XR7 Dave, but he told me this is a post awhile back when I ask about using the electronics for a early model car in a C&L with 42's and a purple tube for my 94 instead of purchasing orange tube.
"The MAF function in your EEC is matched to your stock electronics in the meter. Do not change those electronics."

So if I read what Dave is saying, the 94/95 electronics are matched with a 94/95 EEC only and the 89-93 are the same setup.

The Ford parts catalogue shows the same number for all of the 70 mm SC MAF sensors from 1991 to 1995. Service part number F1SZ 12B579 A, will be stamped as F1SF 12B579 AA. This is the one that was on my 95 originally.

cheers
Ed N.

fast Ed said:
The Ford parts catalogue shows the same number for all of the 70 mm SC MAF sensors from 1991 to 1995. Service part number F1SZ 12B579 A, will be stamped as F1SF 12B579 AA. This is the one that was on my 95 originally.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks for clearing me up Ed. I'll make sure I file this info on top of the wrong stuff I thought was right.... :)

Thanks for the great info guys. This really opens the options up for us all. Are there any other cars, and what years, that have the same part # on the MAF sensor module? Apparently I can use one from a Stang or maybe a Mk VIII, but I'd rather be exact if possible.

Thanks,
Alan

fast Ed said:

cheers
Ed N.

My question would be. What if the sensor numbers has the 70mm in it, but the first four digits start with something differant such as F2VF (hypathetically) . I saw many meters in the scrap yard that were 70mm but the numbers werent the same.

I will go on further to say that it doesnt even have to be a 70mm MAss air.

Ever try to get a Tbird SC hood from Ford back in teh day...Different part number then stabndard hood but cost more...It was the same hood....Different part number

Stop making this so difficult!..Our cars are special...But not that special!

Dahoopd said:
My question would be. What if the sensor numbers has the 70mm in it, but the first four digits start with something differant such as F2VF (hypathetically) . I saw many meters in the scrap yard that were 70mm but the numbers werent the same.

From what I understand, the meter would have a different calibration. The main housing portion could be the same, but the electronics are different. Many people have had success swapping the electronic sensor portion over to a different meter, but as far as I know, when the meters are produced, the calibration is done as a unit, so that any variances in the air flow through the meter are adjusted for in the calibration of the electronics. The only other Ford vehicle I know of that used the same F1SF meter, was the 93 Mustang Cobra, with the GT-40 5.0L engine.

cheers
Ed N.

So both units are not exactly the same, but both will work. But the electronics from a 94/95 are needed for those years, because prior to that they are calibrated for 30# injectors and not 36#, like on the 94/95. :confused:

Ok, so now that I have that clear enough to go forward, where do you get the tamper proof torx bit?

I had to buy a set because I couldn't find JUST THAT ONE SIZE. I got it at a hardware store. Just call around and you'll find them.

Alan

Back