Car pulls to one side

• Thread starter xThunderbirdSCx
  • Start date
X

xThunderbirdSCx

Ok, i checked the forums and i found 1 thing, and it answered my first quesiton. My car was pulling to the right badly, then, i read that it could be the wheel balance, so i rotated the right front tire (the suspect) and the left front. Now the car pulls hard to the left. So my guess is its wheel balance. Now for the question.
Im strapped for cash, if i were to put the unbalanced wheel onto one of the rear tires, what would happen?

Thanks guys.

What kind of tires do you have?

You might have a problem with the tire itself, or something wrong with your suspension that made that tire wear out quickly......

It is not a good idea to switch right and left tires.....

Switching fronts to rears is probably the safest....

If the rear tires are good, go ahead and swith them out......

If that solves your pulling problem, then keep an eye on tire wear.....

Just my .02....

Dito on the tire problem. But if you have a tire seperating, switching it to the back is not the best solution. You need to replace it to be safe. Go buy a el -cheapo from some tire dealer until you can afford better.

I would be interested to know what the inside tire wear is on the front tires. In my case, as my upper control arms deteriorated I noticed a bad pull to the right and massive tire wear on the inside of the tires. When I rotated front to back the pull went away....For a while.... Then the rotated tires wore inside and the pull progressively came back.

1. i have tiger paws, and they are newer also
well, i was thinking. is it possible to just get the tire balanced at a shop? would that solve the problem, or do you think that the tire needs replaced, once again, strapped for cash (just did HG's, HB, M5R2 Rebuild also. So would balancing it be an option, or do you think that the problem is worse?

I would say take it to a tire store you can trust and let them look at the tire.

I had Nick check my allignment.... it's out because my upper control arms are worn out. I have 2 new ones in my trunk I keep waiting for them to jump on the car....as of yet...no movement.

I don't think balancing is the problem whith your car...that would cause the wheel to bounce or vibrate real bad, not pull to one side.

If it's pulling, it more likely because of uneven tire wear, poor alignment or both. If the car has been lowered they will have a tendency to wear out the inner edge of the front tires.

It wasn't until recently that I had a 4 wheel alignment done to correct the camber problems created from lowering the car.

David

Well......It looks like you might have some time on your hands to make them jump up on your car...... :D

x ThunderbirdX.....As for your tire, so long as it is not out of round, you could just balance it and put it back on the car......

Balancing will not take care of an out of round condition on a tire.......

If it is out of round, it will either have to be trued up by cutting it on a tire lathe or replaced......

the-big-e said:
Well......It looks like you might have some time on your hands to make them jump up on your car...... :D

x ThunderbirdX.....As for your tire, so long as it is not out of round, you could just balance it and put it back on the car......

Balancing will not take care of an out of round condition on a tire.......

If it is out of round, it will either have to be trued up by cutting it on a tire lathe or replaced......

"Out of round" tires can be fixed by a shop with a Hunter GSP 9700 wheel balancer. It matches the high spot on the tire with the low spot on the rim. It also can detect variations in sidewall construction, radial and lateral runout, and many other causes of wheel vibration. The newer models will also correct radial tire pulls, which is what sounds like the problem is here. Even if a tire has even wear, one sidewall may be 'softer' then the other. The result is a tire that turns into a cone under load and pulls to one side. This can only be corrected by matching which tire goes where on the car. If a proper 4 wheel alignment does not correct a pulling condition, then you likely have a radial tire pull. www.gsp9700.com

Back