couple tech questions

TbirdSC93

my car will get a rough idle and will drive likes its misfiring right after a cold start. after it runs for a minute or so its fine. also....seems like its running hotter than it should and im slowly losing coolant.

Is it the obvious HG or could it be something else?

can you see where coolant may be leaking from the rad? idle could be anything from motor mounts to plugs and wires, but if it smooths out after its been running for awhile, im not sure that the plugs can cause that. How old are the things i wrote above?

Tyler

T@Sound-Xtreme said:
can you see where coolant may be leaking from the rad? idle could be anything from motor mounts to plugs and wires, but if it smooths out after its been running for awhile, im not sure that the plugs can cause that. How old are the things i wrote above?

Tyler
the plugs have maybe 500 miles on them...the wires are kinda old but there some good quality ones. i havent been able to find any leaks yet. motor mounts i have no idea but it doesnt seem to be the signs of a bad motor mount

what about a small vacum leak for the idle problem, have you tried the spraying stuff all around the vac lines, Ic tubes? I had less than 100 miles on my motorcrafts, and one of the sleves was broke, last time i buy motorcraft plugs.

Tyler

the rough idle is more of a misfiring...itll drive like its misfiring for a lil bit to...but then itll start to drive/idle normal after a minute or 2 of driving

Back