Does the THUNDERBIRD SC INTERCOOLER FAN on Ebay really increase HP?

KocaPuff

Does the THUNDERBIRD SC INTERCOOLER FAN on Ebay really increase HP? Does the fan really cool off the intake charge to see noticeable increase in HP and lower ET's?

KocaPuff said:
Does the THUNDERBIRD SC INTERCOOLER FAN on Ebay really increase HP? Does the fan really cool off the intake charge to see noticeable increase in HP and lower ET's?

Please post a link so we can see which fan you are talking about.

David

well

an IC fan doesnt really increase horsepower, it's more like it saves it. It really does help in cooling off the intake temp though, I have one, and for me it just helps not lose so much power on a hot day-
Damon

David Neibert said:
Please post a link so we can see which fan you are talking about.

David

Probably talking about one of Spinningwheel-SC's fans. I've been thinking about one of those too. Looking at the coverage on the core I would think a shroud would improve it.

It has to help to some degree. You might not be able to tell other than by comparing actual e.t.'s though. It will help to cool down the IC in between runs at the track probably more than while you're actually running the 1/4.
For the price and effort it takes to install I think it's a no brainer. Of course I don't have much of a brain so....

Kurt

Make sure it's the 800CFM fan, as that's the more popular one if I recall. It really helps on recovery after a run. When dynoing a single and dual intercooler SC last weekend I felt the tubes when it was cooling down between runs. I could touch them like they were luke warm.

Back