Radiator cap leaking

KaoticKreationz

Ok, I was attempting to install my new billet radiator cap on my '91 SC today. I sat it on top of the original cap and pushed it down hard enough so it would stay on the original cap. Then, once the car got warm it started to leak. So I figured I some how messed up the cap. I took the cap off of my '92 put it on the '91 but it still leaked. The '92 had a new radiator on it but its my parts car so I took it off and put it on the '91 because I figured it could have just been a coincidence that it went right after I put the new cap on (hey it could happen) and it was in need of a new one any way. Well, it still leaks when the car heats up. I read a few threads saying these caps suck, but what are the chances of the original one going bad and then the other one not working too, considering they both worked fine before today. Anyone have any ideas?

swap the radiators, then you have a new one in your driver and if you are parting out the other car who gives a rip if it has a radiator or not. Or go spend $5.00 and get a new cap from autozone.

Back