front sway bar

Rick Mink

i have the engine out of the t-bird, and have been eyeing up the sway bar. what's involved in doing a swap?

AsScLoWn said:
when you put another engine in its considered a swap
ok, besides Captain Obvious's astute powers of observation here, what items do I need before I change the sway bar. (and I know I need a swaybar)

Rick

do you want a smaller front anti-sway bar :confused: , best bet is change the bar frame bushings to polyurethane(available from Energy Suspension), if you just upgraded to a larger bar on the front it would plow/slide into corners and you would have to upgrade the rear also. If you do upgrade both bars I personally think its a waste, the chassis on these things flex so much its not worth it, plus you'll feel every grain of sand on the road :rolleyes: *and captain obvious flies off to help another sucker...um person in need* :D

you have to drop the front subframe with the engine in im not sure if you would with it out. i needed new end links when i did mine cause i tore mine up getting them out everything else comes with the new bar but you should do the rear also if you havent already. as for them being a waste my car corners like a slot car and it didnt with the stock bars. i have the 1.25 bars

yea, but its twisting like crazy, like putting drag slicks on a VW van and saying it launches like no tomorrow, a few guys have popped out rear windows with bigger rear bars

I have the 1.25's in both front and rear. Great handling with stock rims, BFGoodrich GForce T/A's, and 1.5'' drop springs from Suspension Techniques.

You'll need new endlinks and like AC said, new Poly bushings. You don't need to drop the subframe with the motor out, but with it in you would have to drop the subframe.

What year SC do you have? I have a '90 that only had the Cobra brake upgrade in both the front and the rear (also 17X9 cobra wheels) with an ageing suspension 270,000 miles. That car would handle great!!!!

Back