Anyone heard of Steen Racing?

89SCK@t

Supposedly they have the fastest 2-valve 4.6 in the U.S. I stopped by the shop and talked with them. The guy has done a few 3.8L heads. He can gaurantee 30% better flow right off the bat. I asked him how much for port'n & polish'n, larger valves(largest available for SC heads)....$500...I'm kinda skeptical, but all they do is Mustangs...ehh...anyone heard of them?

Stephen

Yea, I have heard good things about them. Last summer I had them install the 3.55 gear in my pumpking (I just gave them the pumpking, not the car). As far as I can tell, they did a good job. I would go to them again if I needed something set up.

Metalman

*As far as head prices go. I got my heads p/p and 3 angle valve job, bowled for 200 a head at East Coast Machine. But I didn't up grade the vavles. So Steen would only be 50 buck more a head....I just figured I'd tell you that for comparison.

Last edited:
they do good work. they do alot of mustang stuff for the guys over on modular depot.

also if your looking for tuning, talk to Ed he knows his stuff.

I;d say go for it..We need a good source for heads....Tell him there are many interested...500 seems a lil low though..But thats good!

I would do it if I had $500...It does seem a little low, I think that is for the Stage I...or what the Stage I is supposed to be. The only problem is, I don't know if they would do the exhaust side. Like welding and all that...

Anyone want to donate to the "Researching Potential Portin and Polishin" Fund? It could be 5 cents or 5 bucks...I don't care... :D

I really just wanted to stop by and see what work they did...they have a 2.3l N/A that is going to be revving to 10K all day...I wanna see how long that lasts.

Stephen

Back