Tps

91nightmare

Hi fellas,
just joined the site and supercoupe owners club. anyways, i recently changed my TPS, i had my battery unplugged long enough for the computer to reset and i've also driven it around for a 10 miles and the check engine light is on constant, can i adjust the tps...and if so, how?
secondly, before the new tps, three times the bird died on me as i was driving, i would just be rolling along and all of a sudden the tach hit the floor. ten minutes of sitting and would fire back up and i'd be off again. besides the tps codes i also pulled 211 (i think) the pip circuit fault code. could this be due to the tps? i also bought a new crank sensor which i haven't installed yet, could this be the culprit?
any advice would be appreciated

if your CEL is on, pull the codes and it will most likely tell you the problem. From what I understand there is no real easy way to "adjust" the TPS. SOme people have posted that they have enlarged one of the mounting holes to allow for some adjustment but only a very slight one. I could be wrong on that though.

You should adjust your TPS - there is a very good article on the TCCOA site for this. You just need a small drill bit or jewelers file to make the metal sleeves in the TPS body (where the screws go through) oval shaped or elongated; in order to allow you to rotate the body a little until you can set the voltage a tad below 1.0v (like 0.98v).

when my cam sensor went bad, the engine would just buck badly, but wouldn't stall out. it would only do this intermittently, and throw a cel.
The only other thing i can think of is a wobbling or loose harmonic damper getting ready to break causing the crank sensor to malfunction.

PIP circuit fault code (profile ignition pickup) = crankshaft position sensor failure. Check to see if the bolt in the center of the harmonic balancer is still there. It may have sheared off due to a failing (wobbling) balancer. This will allow the hall-effect vanes on the back of the balancer to walk away from the sensor. When this happens the engine will sputter and die. You may also have noticed a general loss of power while driving. Check it right away so that you can avoid having to remove the broken balancer sleeve from the crankshaft...

Back