Special Tools For Maintenance

NY90RedSC

What special tools do the 90 SC's require for proper maintenance? I know the spanner wrenches for the tubes are a must, but I was wondering what other tools I may need to properly service the SC should anything happen to it.

NY90RedSC said:
What special tools do the 90 SC's require for proper maintenance? I know the spanner wrenches for the tubes are a must, but I was wondering what other tools I may need to properly service the SC should anything happen to it.

a deep wallet :rolleyes:

I used a swivel extension, but I'm not sure if it's required...

here's a good thread that got some input on the tools that come in handy
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6983&highlight=tools

I'm sure it would be nice to have some of the Rotunda dealer maintenance tools for some things. Like the kit for the rear wheel bearings would be nice. (proper dies for pressing the bearing in and out). Also the EEC-IV breakout box would be helpful when diagnosing things. You can find that sort of stuff on e-bay pretty regularly, but none of them go all that cheap.

I'd get a good diagnostic code reader as well. Something that can run the various test scenarios rather than one that just beeps codes at you is nice, but spendy.

NY90RedSC said:

You don't need a spanner wrench unless your adding a raised top. For any other maintience just remove the upper IC tube and SC top as a unit. That will also make reinstalling it easier.

You will need a complete set of standard and metric sockets, normal and deep well. An assortment of screw drivers, extensions, some 3/8" drive torqs and allen type (standard and metric) wrenches, metric and standard combination wrenches, 1/2" breaker bar and a decent torque wrench.

Most the bolts on the motor are between 10MM and 18MM...to avoid tearing your hands up get a good pair of Mechanics gloves.

David

Back