Sealed Power Pistons

ARV90SC

wondering if anyone has used the Sealed Power Brand, and what year rods can i run these with they say fits 89-95 SC's, but i dunno bout that whole full floating pin part, and if it will work with either type of rod

Pin Diameter 0.9122
Compression Distance 1.607
Bore 3.811 (96.8mm)

I contacted Federal Mogul about these and apparently they come with pins that allow them to be full floating with the 94/95 rods. They also come with the lock rings to retain the pins. I didn't ask them about fitment for the early rods as I'm going to use the 94/95 rods in my 93 rebuild. But it's my understanding that the rods supplied will also work with the early model rods that have the pins pressed into them.

I can't find the specs for the stock parts. And I don't have a caliper yet to check what my stock pins are.
Here is the number I got for pre-sales support with Felpro/FederalMogul/Sealed Power. 1-800-325-8886 Have the part number at hand and ask your questions. They have access to the enginnering drawings and information so should be able to help you.

Oh, and don't let the machinist bore the cylinders until he has pistons in hand to measure. You'll probably get the skirt coated pistions if you go with them and their clearances are tighter than stock piston clearances.

Back