DIY A/C charging

Lvcien

I was talking to this kid, he likes to BS but he was telling me about a kit you can buy at autozone, and it comes with everything you need to re-charge your A/C, and it has an instuctional video... anyone heard of something like this? 'cause my A/C needs to be charged.. I live in FL ... and I really need it working... Thanks.

Chad

Yes, there is a kit, but do some research by searching the forums first. You need to figure out where your leaks are and fix them, or you'll just keep throwing $ at it until the compressor blows chunks, if it already hasn't, and then you'll throw even bigger $ at it.

For reasons that would take way to long to explain, the only value I find in the Interdynamics kits is that they have a nice pretty box that holds 3 cans of refrigerant all together and, if you're lucky a plain plastic bottle of PAG oil. :rolleyes: These are the guys that make the supplies.

Last edited:
TbirdSCFan said:
Yes, there is a kit, but do some research by searching the forums first. You need to figure out where your leaks are and fix them, or you'll just keep throwing $ at it until the compressor blows chunks, if it already hasn't, and then you'll throw even bigger $ at it.

For reasons that would take way to long to explain, the only value I find in the Interdynamics kits is that they have a nice pretty box that holds 3 cans of refrigerant all together and, if you're lucky a plain plastic bottle of PAG oil. :rolleyes: These are the guys that make the supplies.

Awesome, Thanks -- I don't know if there are leaks.. wouldn't the refridgerant just evaporate out after 15-16 years?

yeah autozone have has them for i think i saw them for $40. they also come with the conversion kit from R-12 to R-134.

Back