What should i expect??

LightEMup

Ok i have a bone stock super coupe, 2700 miles on the engine, 300 on the trans, so the drivetrain is new. 94/95 model supercharger and no air silencer.....i'm gonna get a full exhaust job....what should i expect for performance gains? will it be noticable?

LightEMup said:
Ok i have a bone stock super coupe, 2700 miles on the engine, 300 on the trans, so the drivetrain is new. 94/95 model supercharger and no air silencer.....i'm gonna get a full exhaust job....what should i expect for performance gains? will it be noticable?

not sure about the gains, but from what I hear, it sure is noticable. ;)

Lvcien said:
not sure about the gains, but from what I hear, it sure is noticable. ;)
well that's good :) i didnt know if it was gonna make a noticible difference or if it was just gonna be better for my engine with less back pressure

You'll see a differecne in performance in the possitive spectrum, less boost (not a bad thing) because of decreased back pressure, and depending on the exhaust setup alot more sound.

Shane

quick35th said:
You'll see a differecne in performance in the possitive spectrum, less boost (not a bad thing) because of decreased back pressure, and depending on the exhaust setup alot more sound.

Shane
cooooo, what about like 0-60 time? does it shave any of that off?

quick35th said:
I cant help you with 0-60 times but others may know.

Shane
well, i can't wait to see what it does :) there's alota hot heads around talkin smack that i'd love to put in their places lol

Right after you get the exhaust on the car put a 10% or a 5% pulley on it... just for insurance against your friends.

Shane

On my '89 I installed the '95 blower, '89 pulley and roller rockers and saw an .5 faster time at the track. (1/4 mile) I went from a 15.7 bone stock to a 15.2.

I'd recommend some minor blower porting on the '94-'95 blower though. It's got a lot of edges in the inlet and that slows the air flow. I've done it on a couple so far with good results. My '92 (now has that blower) performed very well at the dyno.

007_SuperCoupe said:
On my '89 I installed the '95 blower, '89 pulley and roller rockers and saw an .5 faster time at the track. (1/4 mile) I went from a 15.7 bone stock to a 15.2.

I'd recommend some minor blower porting on the '94-'95 blower though. It's got a lot of edges in the inlet and that slows the air flow. I've done it on a couple so far with good results. My '92 (now has that blower) performed very well at the dyno.
cool, i'd love to spend the money on an AR haha, and i just got a 2004 honda TRX atv for 2800 bux...so i think i'm gonna sell it for alot more and make money, then get the AR or somthin...ON STOCK EXHAUST! lol not....

Back