5 Speed Shifter Rebuild!

darkstar_one

I was able to get the new part numbers for my 5 speed shifter rebuild. I was able to locate all 4 necessary items. Havent bought em yet! Now my dilemna is. Do i buy them and do the rebuild or do i just get the ripper shifter from B&M? I mean 160 dollars compared to 50 bucks for the rebuild? Anyone?

QTY 2 Sockets: 1L2Z-7228-AA $5.57 Each
QTY1 Spring: 1L2Z-7Z120-AA $4.48 Each
QTY1 Washers pack of 4: E8TZ-7E018-A $.92 for Pack of 4
QTY1 Boot: E9SZ-7277-A $26.38 Each

Total: $43.26

Last edited:
ripper

I have one also. I was in the same boat, rebuild the stock shifter that will eventually wear out again, or buy the ripper that I wont ever have to maintenance. I chose the easy maintenance route. One less thing to worry about on my sc. Mike

Were you able to get the boot for the SC, or did they try and sell you the F-150 boot?

I looked for the boot in Thousand Oaks, and they didn't have any.

Also, you might want to get two springs, b/c the bottom rubber/plastic socket has a spring under it. (I used a pair of Vise-Grips and a small socket to push back the tab that holds in the bottom plastic socket thing) And, the extra 2 washers your getting, just stick them in there also.

I have NOT used the Ripper shifter before.

Go ripper...keep your eyes open on the parts forum. Just a week ago i got a used ripper for 115 shipped. Used but in like-new condition. I got the shifter & rubber boot, shifter handle, knob and the shifter (hole) plate.

i would definately go with the ripper...i rebuilt mine once and then about 8months later it was time for another one then i just got the ripper when i rebuilt the tranny. iv been enjoying that for about 2months now and i love it. youll be happy going with the ripper. :D

Back