PDA

View Full Version : what is this and can some one give me a pic of a.........

super89
05-08-2005, 12:46 PM
hey i was just wondering what that was it was connected to my air box on the bottom and it broke of but what is it called? and can some one plz some me a pick of an air silencer?

thanks,
BILL

J57ltr
05-08-2005, 12:51 PM
That IS the silencer.

Jeff

Jeremy_K
05-08-2005, 12:51 PM
hey i was just wondering what that was it was connected to my air box on the bottom and it broke of but what is it called? and can some one plz some me a pick of an air silencer?

thanks,
BILL
That is a pic of an air silencer! Now go throw it in the dumpster! Free horsepower.

J57ltr
05-08-2005, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't throw it away just yet there is a way to make that into a cold air intake...

Jeff

super89
05-08-2005, 03:41 PM
ok, i tought that might be it but i waS no sure but now i no thanks alot.

snakesm13
05-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't throw it away just yet there is a way to make that into a cold air intake...

Jeff

now how exactly would this work? kinda interesting...

Jeremy_K
05-08-2005, 03:54 PM
now how exactly would this work? kinda interesting...
you could use it for a bedpan too but there's other ways to do that too! :p

J57ltr
05-08-2005, 04:17 PM
If you cut everything from the silencer and leave the 3 bolts in place you end up with a 3" inlet that a cone filter can be attached to. Take your paper filter and cut out the filter media leaving only the gasket to seal the box.

It's a cheap cold air intake. The harmful thing about the silencer is that the gap between the funnel and the entry allow the box to cancel sound using the properties of Helmholtz Resonance. Since this basically makes the sound 180* out of phase with the incoming air it cancels sound, and creates a restriction like (not exactly but close) a musical instrument such as a wood wind or even brass.

Jeff