what is this and can some one give me a pic of a.........

super89

hey i was just wondering what that was it was connected to my air box on the bottom and it broke of but what is it called? and can some one plz some me a pick of an air silencer?

thanks,
BILL

Attachments

• DSC00053.JPG
    DSC00053.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00054.JPG
    DSC00054.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00056.JPG
    DSC00056.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 63
super89 said:
hey i was just wondering what that was it was connected to my air box on the bottom and it broke of but what is it called? and can some one plz some me a pick of an air silencer?

thanks,
BILL
That is a pic of an air silencer! Now go throw it in the dumpster! Free horsepower.

I wouldn't throw it away just yet there is a way to make that into a cold air intake...

Jeff

If you cut everything from the silencer and leave the 3 bolts in place you end up with a 3" inlet that a cone filter can be attached to. Take your paper filter and cut out the filter media leaving only the gasket to seal the box.

It's a cheap cold air intake. The harmful thing about the silencer is that the gap between the funnel and the entry allow the box to cancel sound using the properties of Helmholtz Resonance. Since this basically makes the sound 180* out of phase with the incoming air it cancels sound, and creates a restriction like (not exactly but close) a musical instrument such as a wood wind or even brass.

Jeff

Back