Speedo problem

Payton

I have a 1992 auto SC. I installed 3.73 gears on my car. Now, my speedometor is reading about 20 km/h higher then it supposed to.
How do you correct the speedo :confused: . Perhaps the manual trans. style speedo gear will work, I'm not sure on that...
Thank you!

Check supercoupeperformance.com They should have a speedo gear for your app. I did a 5-speed swap and they had the gear I needed for $15.

Payton said:
I have a 1992 auto SC. I installed 3.73 gears on my car. Now, my speedometor is reading about 20 km/h higher then it supposed to.
How doll work, I'm not sure on that...
Thank you!

Hi Payton,

Sure can, I just picked up a bunch ot the tranny gears you will need to exchange the plastic gear on your trans. and replace it with one I'LL Send you. Its pretty easy! I have them for the 5 speeds and some auto's. I believe it will get you within 3 to 5 MPH it depends on what size rims and tires you have. I can get you one for about $9.50 give or take a buck. I will mail it to you ASAP I may still have to wait until Tuesday, before I receive the 373's they may already have arrived. I'll know tomorrow Monday. Send me your address and $9.00 + $1.00 for stamps
a check is fine. I will send it to you by mail the quickest way. No problem. How did you know I had them? I have not even advertized them yet...
Best Regards,
Victor......
Sinningwhhels-sc

Last edited:
Or you can go here , enter your information in, and then take the part number to a Ford dealership. I think I paid $7 or $8 for one and they had it in stock.

victor malvar said:
Hi Payton,

Sure can, I just picked up a buch ot the tranny gears you wil need to exchange the plastic gear on your tras. and replace it with one I'LL Send you. Its pretty easy! I have then for the 5 speeds and some auto's. I believe it will get you within 3 to 5 MPH it depends on what size rims you have. I can get you one for about $9.50 give or take a buck. I will mail it to you ASAP I may still have to wait until Tuesday before I receive the 373's they may already have arrived. I'll know tomorrow. Send me your address and $9.00 + $1.00
a check is fine. I will send it to you by mail. No problem. How did you know I had them? I have not even advertized them yet...
Best Regards,
Victor......
Sinningwhhels-sc
Intuition?)) Victor, I don't know your address. Can I pay you via PayPal???

victor malvar said:
Hi Payton,

Sure can, I just picked up a buch ot the tranny gears you wil need to exchange the plastic gear on your tras. and replace it with one I'LL Send you. Its pretty easy! I have then for the 5 speeds and some auto's. I believe it will get you within 3 to 5 MPH it depends on what size rims you have. I can get you one for about $9.50 give or take a buck. I will mail it to you ASAP I may still have to wait until Tuesday before I receive the 373's they may already have arrived. I'll know tomorrow. Send me your address and $9.00 + $1.00
a check is fine. I will send it to you by mail. No problem. How did you know I had them? I have not even advertized them yet...
Best Regards,
Victor......
Sinningwhhels-sc

Sorry Victor, I wasn't picking favorites. I didn't know you had them. I had gotten mine at the other place as a recommendation to a similar question I posted last month.
Payton, Victor has been very helpful to me the last few months and has a lot of other parts for our cars.

;)
minbe said:
Sorry Victor, I wasn't picking favorites. I didn't know you had them. I had gotten mine at the other place as a recommendation to a similar question I posted last month.
Payton, Victor has been very helpful to me the last few months and has a lot of other parts for our cars.
I know, I heard all kind of good stuff about Victor ;)

Payton said:
Intuition?)) Victor, I don't know your address. Can I pay you via PayPal???

Hi Payton,

I fell asleep wile writing to you. I woke up and had all these chracters on the reply :) a bunch of letters I mean a bunch. I cleaned up the page, I guess my hands were still on the keyboard...I'm up most of the night and sometimes I fade out. I paid $8.00 plus change for each gear. I do not make anything on them. It cost me a buck to list them, and a couple of stamps. I like to ship these out as quick as possible. Avoid from someone from getting a ticket. I decided to puchase a bunch when I changed my Gears. I was of about 15 to 17 miles per hour off. Also the Diameter of you rims and tires can throw you speedo off by as much as 10 miles per hour.Get next to a newer car with digital speedo.If you have walkie talkies great otherwise open the windows and yell! that will get you pretty darn close. Thanks a bunch. My Address I will PM you. My paypal is the same as my email address... Did you get one yet? if not let me know 3:73.1 correct!
Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
My phone is 352-732-5013
Best Regards,
Victor......

Back