Idea on alternative brake booster ?

SuperCoupeSC91

I've herd about an earlier style mustang gt swap for the booster, but then we have to ditch abs right?, but what about saleen's and also svt cobra's ? they must be special ones like our since theres cant run off of the straight vacum like an ordinary one right ? I was just reading up on the racing rules on (dragway.com) and it came up in my head. I think i'm going to get a line lock kit for my blue SC, dunno much about it yet (install wise), but i'm worried of my stock unit with all the miles (150k) and going to start racing ? is the mustang GT one safe to run for racing in our cars ? If you got any good ideas or suggestions or comments, please add, I'd be interested. Thanks Alex L

Last edited:
I just swapped out my abs for a stock 90 lx booster and 93 crown vic master cylinder. No problems with vac. Im mostly stock though. Hook your vac to the same place where the stock LX gets there vac from. It works and I dropped about 40LBS by getting rid of the ABS

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
I've herd about an earlier style mustang gt swap for the booster, but then we have to ditch abs right?, but what about saleen's and also svt cobra's ? they must be special ones like our since theres cant run off of the straight vacum like an ordinary one right ? I was just reading up on the racing rules on (dragway.com) and it came up in my head. I think i'm going to get a line lock kit for my blue SC, dunno much about it yet (install wise), but i'm worried of my stock unit with all the miles (150k) and going to start racing ? is the mustang GT one safe to run for racing in our cars ? If you got any good ideas or suggestions or comments, please add, I'd be interested. Thanks Alex L

The cobras have a braking system called hydraboost for their ABS. Atleast thats what I think it is called. They have a completely different style of ABS than our cars. The parts are VERY expensive and complex so I would only consider doing the swap if you knew or had a complete parts car and even then adapting its ABS onto a SC would be very hard.

Shane

Back