Dual Piston GT caliper Question

Raptor

I did the search for this a came up empty. I'm upgrading my '95 SC to the '99 mustang calipers. Can I use the stock SC banjo bolts with new crush washers or do I need a different length bolt as in the mustang bolt?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

It isn't the length of the bolts, I'm pretty sure it's the thread pitch on the caliper itself. Ford Racing Part Number M-2321-A should yield the proper parts. As for lines, you use the T-bird lines. You'll have to grind the PBR calipers for clearance.

Caliper question

Thanks, thats just the info I needed.

Bill

SanDiegoLXBird said:
It isn't the length of the bolts, I'm pretty sure it's the thread pitch on the caliper itself. Ford Racing Part Number M-2321-A should yield the proper parts. As for lines, you use the T-bird lines. You'll have to grind the PBR calipers for clearance.

Depends on what year the calipers are. The 99 - 02 PBR calipers used a fine thread. Those banjo bolts can be ordered from the dealer as hardware number W706548. The 03 - 04 calipers went back to a coarse thread, the original T-Bird banjo bolts will work with those.

cheers
Ed N.

Raptor said:
I did the search for this a came up empty. I'm upgrading my '95 SC to the '99 mustang calipers. Can I use the stock SC banjo bolts with new crush washers or do I need a different length bolt as in the mustang bolt?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

They this link.

MN12 Brake Upgrade

Be very careful with those early model PBR banjo bolts, as it's easy to strip the fine 100mmx1.0 thread in the alum caliper. I'm not sure what the recommended Ford Mustang torque spec is but I'd try like 25-30ft.lbs versus 35-40ft.lbs for the regular t/bird calipers. Also you need only grind a little off the caliper or banjo block on the "passenger" side.

Joisey Jim said:
Be very careful with those early model PBR banjo bolts, as it's easy to strip the fine 100mmx1.0 thread in the alum caliper. I'm not sure what the recommended Ford Mustang torque spec is but I'd try like 25-30ft.lbs versus 35-40ft.lbs for the regular t/bird calipers. Also you need only grind a little off the caliper or banjo block on the "passenger" side.

I dunno about all that. I just did a swap today using a set of calipers from DBRU. Not sure what application they were from, I would assume they are 99-02 because in the Ford Racing "kit" the banjo bolts were too coarse (luckily, DBRU included the proper bolts). Aslo, both banjo blocks required grinding. It wasn't a little bit either, close to a 1/4" on both sides. Flipping the lines didn't work because they were too short. This was on a 96 T-Bird, btw.

I just did this swap,I used new banjo bolts.But the bird banjo bolts fit
also from a 90 SC Bird during mock-up.

I have the 03-04 calipers. You can go to www.northracecars.com
for info & installation pictures.

I am using motorcycle clutch cable to make longer E-Brake cables
to fit the calipers.The stock E-Brake cables are to short to work.
You can get them hooked up while caliper is not mounted.But they
are in a bind and will not work well,once mounted.

And you will need to use heat from a torch to bend the stock brake
lines to fit the calipers.I making new flexable brake lines for mine.

The rear brakes swap takes two people to get the brake lines bent
and hooked up.The front brakes are easy to do,one person job.

Attachments

• rlb_0401.jpg
    rlb_0401.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I installed the '99-02 PBR calipers on the fronts of both my '93 & '94 SC. I got the corresponding fine thread banjo bolts, caliper brackets, pads & hardware with the kit. I only had to dremel about 1/8" off the lip on the passenger side calipers. It was easier than grinding down the banjo block.

Back