Lowering Springs

Tin-Knocker105

I've got new shocks and springs to put on my 89SC, and came across this article at TCCOA regarding end links on the sway bars, when lowering our cars. It make sense to me and i thought i would throw it out there for comments.
*******When you lower the car with springs, the lower control arm will be moved upward 1"-2" depending on your springs. The original end links were designed so that the sway bar ends are level at normal ride height. When you lower the car, the ends of the sway bar are pushed upward causing it to not balance the car as it should....or in some case the bar is so stiff that when the car is lowered, the back end DID NOT lower the 1.5" as it should have. The sway bar was "pushing" the back of the car up to the original height. When the Addco 1.25" was installed, sway bar and shorter end links, the back of the car squatted down level with the front. I dont know how much of an effect it has on the swaybars functions, but I do know that when you lower the car, you do have to adjust little thisngs to keep all the geometry correct or else it will eventually cause thisngs to wear out faster than normal. ADDCO makes shorter end links.******
Does anybody know the lengths of our stock end links? I guess if you lower your car by 1.25" you just get a new end link that much shorter.
Thanks
Tony

Thats all fine and dandy for the back of the car
but have u learned any thing about the front bar\end links?
possible shorter 1's?

I just recieved the new 13/8" Anti sway bars from addco. They do have different PNs for lowered cars. The end links do look different as well. Hope this helps.

Back