Driver Side Door Noise

Quick Cat 89

in my driver side of my car around the door area, (possibly in the driver side next to the back seat), when you go forward at all especially if you get on it hard there is a real annoying like scratching or rattling noise. i have no idea what it is. everything is tight in and around everything. iv checked it already. something is loose though because its getting worse or looser. have any of you guys had a similar problem? id really like to get this fixed. also has anybody had problems with the plastic on the front of the headlight coming off??? i now need new headlight because mine fell off. the headlight is still on but the plastic on the front fell off and now the bulbs are exposed. thats not good! how much are new headlight because mine were ugly anyways. id like some nice clear ones. i had black headlight covers too and the left one fell off and i ran over the dam thing!!! any ideas?

Quick Cat 89 said:
in my driver side of my car around the door area, (possibly in the driver side next to the back seat), when you go forward at all especially if you get on it hard there is a real annoying like scratching or rattling noise. i have no idea what it is. everything is tight in and around everything. iv checked it already. something is loose though because its getting worse or looser. have any of you guys had a similar problem?
I just spent a few weeks with a rattle that was driving me crazy. I pulled the door apart and the entire back seat and side panels trying to get the little demon to identify itself. Turns out it was the exhaust hanger bracket just below the door. I had taken the exhaust off a few times and that movement had caused the original duct tape padding to give way and allow metal to metal. Check it out. Grab the exhaust and pull back and forth and listen for noises. In my case, all I had to do was remove the bracket, rewrap it with duct tape and install it. :cool:

I have the same rattling noise. Its coming from inside the pannel on the drivers side rear seat. I dont know what it is but as i drive faster it gets faster and really bugs me, but I usually dont hear it because my radio is on blast. I would really like to know what it is because it might be something important.

thanks TBirdSCFan. it is the exhaust hanger on that side. its rattling like crazy and its really getting on my nerves. im gona get that fixed ASAP! i would have never thought that. thanks bud!

Back