Strut to control arm bushings

the-big-e

I have already ordered a set of lower control arms from Rock Auto......

They say that it comes with ball joint and bushings...... :confused:

Does anybody know if the control arms come complete with these bushings?

Has anybody fabricated solid ones?

Attachments

• Shock Bushing1.jpg
    Shock Bushing1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 114
You will need to buy the strut rod to control arm bushing
with the rock-auto front lower control arms.

They only come with new bushing to chassis to control arm,
and the ball joint.

www.mn12performance.com May sell them not for sure.

RANDY

I am also ordering both upper & lower, so does rockauto have this bushing that u say you will need? Part #?

QUOTE=Randy N Connie]You will need to buy the strut rod to control arm bushing
with the rock-auto front lower control arms.

They only come with new bushing to chassis to control arm,
and the ball joint.

www.mn12performance.com May sell them not for sure.

RANDY[/QUOTE]

The new arms do not come with strut to arm bushings, you must purchase those seperately. They do come with new lower balljoint and inner arm to frame pivot bushing however.

This is getting on my last nerve...... :mad:

All I want are these stupid bushings......

Rock Auto does sell them, I think.....Are they the AC Delco #45G 8062 bushings?

I tried to cross referance them at a local Chevy dealership and they couldn't do it.......

If these are AC Delco bushings, what do they fit? :confused:

Big E I dont understand the stress. Those bushings are available at any local parts store. You need the tension strut rod bushings for the front end of a TBird.
There's a rod to frame bushing and a rod to arm bushing. Last time I checked they were about $8.00 each. You have 1 of each on each side of the car so theres a total of 4 bushings to get if you want to replace them all.

MIKE 38sc said:
Big E I dont understand the stress. Those bushings are available at any local parts store. You need the tension strut rod bushings for the front end of a TBird.
There's a rod to frame bushing and a rod to arm bushing. Last time I checked they were about $8.00 each. You have 1 of each on each side of the car so theres a total of 4 bushings to get if you want to replace them all.
Maybe I'm calling them by the wrong name... :confused: ...I descibed exactly what they were and where they went to every parts counter that I went to.....

I could get all four of them from Ford, but they want $40.00 each..... :eek:

I've been to Bumper to Bumper, NAPA, Auto Zone, Advanced.......They all had an exploded view of the front end and I pointed out the part I wanted, but there was no part # listed......

I even called Shoxs.com and they referenced me to 2 other companies and they didn't have what I wanted......

Do you have a manufacture and part # that I can give these morons at the parts counters?

they are list at rockauto on the t-bird page
I forgot the listing.your lower arms and
the bushings are under differnt listing
the bushing may be under suspension.
THEY ARE LISTED ON THE SAME PAGE THAT
YOU CLICK TO GO TO THE ARMS,Just under
another name like suspension.

randy

The only way I've ever seen them listed is by "Strut Rod Bushings".
There's a list on this site of all the bushings in the front end with part #'s and mfg'ers. I tried a search but came up with alot of useless stuff and too much to wade through. I thought it might be in the FAQ section but I could'nt find it there. The FAQ section should contain this important info as its more important than some of the stuff there, but I did'nt find it.
The info is here somewhere because I've seen it.
Autozones site has them listed as Strut Rod Bushings and I see the price has jumped on them. :rolleyes: Who would have thought that???? :rolleyes:

I got my arms from rockauto.But somone said rockauto strutrod bushing
had a blue washer that would pull through.So I bought my bushing
from auto zone,they have metal washers like stock..I think they were $20.00 each side.

Then you need to buy the other end.

RANDY

Just called autozone, they say they have ones that 2 different listings under
strut rod bushings.....one to the control arm 15.XX and one to frame 19.xx????...so i guess i will stay more confused :)

MIKE 38sc said:
The only way I've ever seen them listed is by "Strut Rod Bushings".
There's a list on this site of all the bushings in the front end with part #'s and mfg'ers. I tried a search but came up with alot of useless stuff and too much to wade through. I thought it might be in the FAQ section but I could'nt find it there. The FAQ section should contain this important info as its more important than some of the stuff there, but I did'nt find it.
The info is here somewhere because I've seen it.
Autozones site has them listed as Strut Rod Bushings and I see the price has jumped on them. :rolleyes: Who would have thought that???? :rolleyes:

rzibilske77 said:
Just called autozone, they say they have ones that 2 different listings under
strut rod bushings.....one to the control arm 15.XX and one to frame 19.xx????...so i guess i will stay more confused :)

Why? That info is correct. Just buy the ones you want or get all 4 to replace them all. Look under the front of your car at the strut rods. You'll see the bushings that go between the rod and the arm. Follow the rod up to the frame and you'll see the rod to frame bushings. Which ones are you needing?

well i am going to have all replaced since i am doing the control arms anyhow.
So say i buy the control arm off rockauto, i need both of these bushings as they do not come with the arm ...correct....thats both sides..4 bushings?

MIKE 38sc said:
Why? That info is correct. Just buy the ones you want or get all 4 to replace them all. Look under the front of your car at the strut rods. You'll see the bushings that go between the rod and the arm. Follow the rod up to the frame and you'll see the rod to frame bushings. Which ones are you needing?

Yes that is correct! :) Rock auto that much cheaper on the arms?
I bought mine localy because there was'nt any difference in price at that time.

Bushings
autozone
susp. to arm part # FA7193 15.99
susp. to fram part # FA1771 22.99

pepboys
to arm 11.99
to frame 41.99

MIKE 38sc said:
Yes that is correct! :) Rock auto that much cheaper on the arms?
I bought mine localy because there was'nt any difference in price at that time.

After doing some extensive research using our search feature, I have come to the following conclusion........... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I believe that the new LCA from Rockauto uses a lower bushing kit that is different from the OEM LCA assembly........

I might have a lead for the AC Delco part # that I saw on Rockauto, as well......

I dont know what you're reffering to Big E. The new lower control arms have the new lower balljoint AND the inner arm PIVOT bushing already installed.
The strut rod bushings(which is a completely different part) DO NOT come with new lower arms and must be purchased seperately. rzibilske77 listed the part #'s and prices from AutoZone for the strut rod bushings, not the lower control arm pivot bushings.
Should you be wanting strut rod bushings buy 2 of each part # rzibilske77 listed from AutoZone. Should you be wanting lower control arm pivot bushings you dont need them as they will come installed in your new lower control arms.

Looking at the picture in your 1st post Big E I see that you're talking about the lower control arm pivot bushings. YES those come installed in the new arms along with a new lower balljoint. I have a brand new set of upper and lower arms at the house I can take a picture of and post if you need.

Back