Spec card for Stieg "big cam"

XR7 Dave

Does anyone have a spec card for one of the 240 dur Stieg cams? I need some details off that card if someone could post a scan of it that would be nice.

Thanks.

XR7 Dave said:
Does anyone have a spec card for one of the 240 dur Stieg cams? I need some details off that card if someone could post a scan of it that would be nice.

Thanks.

Dave,

I'll post it tonight.

David

Thanks, I needed the exact timing events to set up a tuning file for it. Much better idle now and the headers have stopped glowing! lol

Dave,

Here is a scan of my 240/240 cam card. In case you can read this, I e-mailed you a larger version.

David

Attachments

• 240 cam.bmp
    197.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Holy Keeeriest!!!!

That things 30 degree longer than mine on the intake and 20 more on the exhaust. No wonder they don't last long and wind up cutting through the hardness.

I'd also assume they put the specs of 4 degrees advanced on there for reference. On a regrind, the advance is usually cut out of it. If they tried to keep the advance in there it could be another reason the hardness would be cut through.

But wholly jesus.. in a 3.8, that's a 3200-6800/7000 rpm powerband cam.

XR7 Dave said:

Thanks.

Dave is that for my file? if thats the case Pauls info is from the cam I have.

Thast why you need to use an 89 manual cam as a core..Has the most meat on it..The minute I found out about new grinds I chucked allmy regrinds:O)

But wholly jesus.. in a 3.8, that's a 3200-6800/7000 rpm powerband cam.

Yeah that's about right...too bad the blower can only keep up to about 6200.

The idle sucks too...in gear it only pulls 5 inches of vacuum at 1100 rpm. Good thing I've got a lightweight fairly loose converter, or it would be a real dog.

David

David, that is why I've been working on a better file for it. I've got Mike's car idling at 900rpm pulling about 9" of vacuum. Of course that's in neutral.

Steve, there haven't been any reliability problems with these cams, they only have .555" lift. The thing is that they dump a lot of fuel at idle unless you compensate.

And David with an AR on there they do pull pretty damn high. I haven't tried to wind this one out yet but I know Anthony's hadn't necessarily peaked yet at 6200rpm when we pulled the plug on his.

XR7 Dave said:
David, that is why I've been working on a better file for it. I've got Mike's car idling at 900rpm pulling about 9" of vacuum. Of course that's in neutral.

Steve, there haven't been any reliability problems with these cams, they only have .555" lift. The thing is that they dump a lot of fuel at idle unless you compensate.

And David with an AR on there they do pull pretty damn high. I haven't tried to wind this one out yet but I know Anthony's hadn't necessarily peaked yet at 6200rpm when we pulled the plug on his.

Dave,

I meant the M90 can't keep up...I'm sure an AR wouldn't have any problem. Mike who ?

I still need a tune on my 91, so if you get something figured out to address my warm restart problems and the off idle stumbling....I'm interested in giving the SCT chip a try.

David

Back