Timing help cutting out

gtpcoop

I posted earlier about my computer not putting any codes out and yes I am doing it right. My question is that my car is missing. Could it be a sensor or could it be the plugs? I put bosch supers in there. It ran great for about a week but could it the crank sensor or camshaft sensor. I don't want to go out and buy all these sensors to fix the problem, especially if doesn't fix the problem. Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I CHECKED the coil pack while it was running and it has blue spark to ALL plugs. I am going to check my new wires to see if any are melted like ones before.

I forgot to mention that I CHECKED the coil pack while it was running and it has blue spark to ALL plugs. I am going to check my new wires to see if any are melted like ones before.

It's the plugs....

Bosch plugs and SC's don't mix. Something about the platinum plating being too thin from what I hear. Anyway, I put a set in before I learned better. After about a month the car would sputter and miss something terrible. Since then I have only used AutoLite Double Platinums. No more plug related problems. I know you don't want to change them again so soon, but if it's any consolation, I haven't changed my AutoLites in about 2-yrs. Still running strong.....

chances are that you have a loose wire on one of the plugs if it ran great for a week.

Because of the way the coil pack is fired (waste spark system) you should use double platinum plugs for longest life or just regualr copper plugs if you like to change them more often or have fouling.

Jeff

Back