oil pan interference

chorizon

hey guys, i have a 94 3.8 v6 lx that needs a tranny, i'm in the middle of pulling it out, but i noticed that the engine oil pan is really close to the k-member, i was worried that when i let the tranny down to take off the top bell housing bolts that the oil pan would make contact and possibly break, has anybody run into this before? i'll try to get some pics up, TIA, Later'z.....:D

chorizon said:
hey guys, i have a 94 3.8 v6 lx that needs a tranny, i'm in the middle of pulling it out, but i noticed that the engine oil pan is really close to the k-member, i was worried that when i let the tranny down to take off the top bell housing bolts that the oil pan would make contact and possibly break, has anybody run into this before? i'll try to get some pics up, TIA, Later'z.....:D

To me it sounds you have broken motor mounts. The SC ones are filled with liquid and overtime the liquid seeps out and the mounts collapse. I'm pretty sure that the lx has the same motor mounts (some one can confirm). Thats what I would check first.

Back