is it possible for the cam sensor....

no, the cam sensor does not control ignition timing. That sensor is used only as a refference for the comp to fire the injectors and to tell the comp which coilpack to fire.
Check your idle air bleed screw in the throttle body.

no no.. sorry..

not the actual sensor but the shaft thats under it..(had a new motor put in) i know that the new motor didnt come with one so the guy took my old 1 out and put it in the new motor but i dont think he used the tool 2 align it.. is it possible that its off but my car runs fine just high idle with no CEL??

New motor installed? High idle?
I bet you have a vac leak. ;)
Cam sensor wont cause a high idle, but leaky IC tube joints sure will. ;)

its not the i/c tubes

i have sealed them 3 times now... i even resealed the s/c top again... dont think its a vac leak (guage is on 20 when i start it) but idles at 12-15 and goes from 1200 to 1500 back n forth

Your engine is surgeing thats a dead on indicator that you are running lean and 99.99% of the time its a vac leak. Check the intake manifold joints at the head. Use carb cleaner by spraying it on the joints 1 at a time while the engine is idleing. Once you find the leak the idle will go up when you shoot the cleaner to it. Idleing at 12-15 is low and it should be higher unless you have a monster cam with abit of overlap.

I misunderstood you. Here's where I went wrong.

dont think its a vac leak (guage is on 20 when i start it) but idles at 12-15 and goes from 1200 to 1500 back n forth

I thought you meant the vac gauge was dropping to 12-15 at idle.
I agree your idle is too high, but there's only 2 things that can do that.
1. vac leak in the intake system.
2. split diaphram in the IAC valve.

Back