PDA

View Full Version : Custom Double Intercooler for SC

kenewagner
05-10-2005, 07:47 AM
I have one custom double IC for sale. This IC has a divider to split the flow of air so both cores cool evenly. It has raised end tanks built for better flow, and polished stainless steel sides. This IC will work with any raised hood but a stock hood will not work do to clearance problems with one of the stiffners in the stock hood. Cost is 400.00 and I pay shipping

Ken

wisupercoupe
05-10-2005, 08:08 AM
I have one custom double IC for sale. This IC has a divider to split the flow of air so both cores cool evenly. It has raised end tanks built for better flow, and polished stainless steel sides. This IC will work with any raised hood but a stock hood will not work do to clearance problems with one of the stiffners in the stock hood.

Ken

Hey Ken,
There's no price on this intercooler.

kenewagner
05-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Hey Ken,
There's no price on this intercooler.

Thanks for posting. I have edited it to include cost

SCollord90
05-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Sorry this isn't related to purchasing, but is there any chance you'll make one that fits under a stock hood?

kenewagner
05-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Sorry this isn't related to purchasing, but is there any chance you'll make one that fits under a stock hood?

I plan on making all future ICs to fit any type of hood. The last one I made for 007supercoupe was a custom IC and the first time to discover that there is a hood stiffner on the stock hood that touches the top of the IC I made him. I have one IC left to sell that will fit under a cervinis or like hood, next ones will be changed a little

Ken

007_SuperCoupe
05-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I just want to add a couple things here to clarify some issues with the IC as well as state the performance capabilities of the IC.

First off, the fitment issue. It is a relatively minor issue, but an issue none-the-less. My stock hood could close with this IC. It however was rubbing on the stiffner that runs down between the battery and the IC. My solution, was to cut that portion of the stiffner out. Not the best answer, but it works. I still have to do some minor trimming to reduce contact even further. If you are willing to cut a little out, then this IC will not be a problem. Ken has stated to me though that he does not expect anyone to have to cut their hood in order to get this to fit. I simply wanted to add that it can fit if you are willing to trim a bit of the stiffner out.

Second is the performance of this IC. Keep in mind that I do have a fan and Ken made an excellent shroud for it. I'm still running the stock ac condensor for now as well. THIS IC HAS BEEN DYNO TESTED. The results were quite impressive for a double IC behind a stock condensor. XR7 Dave did the tuning on my SC, and on the 3rd of 4 dyno pulls told me of the performace of the IC. Ambient temperature was about 77*. At the beginning of my pull (remember I've already pulled a couple previous runs) the intake temperature was 87*. By the end of my pull, the intake temperature had risen to around 95*. This compares to another friend who was also tuning then. He has most of the mods that I have short of the 2x IC and fan. His intake temps were rising to over 150* by the end of his pulls and was fighting detonation all day long.

Ken definately makes a quality product without question. He also doesn't make a lot of these things, so it is truely a one of a kind item. And this IC combined with a fan will produce excellent results. As a consumer, I recommend this IC to anyone who needs one. It is definately worth the money spent.

sizemoremk
05-11-2005, 11:43 AM
This is definately a nce piece!

Can we see more pics?

I would like to see a pic of top view, as would be seen inthe engine compartment.

I also would like to get it under stock hood, so hopefully this will be corrected in the near future!

Does the air divider there completely separate the air between the two cores, or is it just there at the opening to guide flow to the two cores?

Also, 007, do you have a pic of the cutting he had to done on the hood?

Anyway, that is a good looking piece!!!

I also have 2 cores, for the purpose of someone building me a Double IC.

Would that offset the cost any if I sent my cores in for one of your DICs, or even this piece for sale here???

Thanks!

007_SuperCoupe
05-11-2005, 11:56 AM
I would like to see a pic of top view, as would be seen inthe engine compartment.

I also would like to get it under stock hood, so hopefully this will be corrected in the near future!

Does the air divider there completely separate the air between the two cores, or is it just there at the opening to guide flow to the two cores?

Also, 007, do you have a pic of the cutting he had to done on the hood?
Thanks!

I'm currently out of town so I can get any pictures right now. Also due to the rubbing, I need to have some "touch-up" work done to the IC to make it really pretty again. I'll snap some shots when I get some of that stuff straight.

The divider does seperate each core completely. It is welded all the way around so there is no option, but for the air to be divided.

MrBlvd
05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
PM Sent .......

sizemoremk
05-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Second is the performance of this IC. Keep in mind that I do have a fan and Ken made an excellent shroud for it. I'm still running the stock ac condensor for now as well. THIS IC HAS BEEN DYNO TESTED. The results were quite impressive for a double IC behind a stock condensor. XR7 Dave did the tuning on my SC, and on the 3rd of 4 dyno pulls told me of the performace of the IC. Ambient temperature was about 77*. At the beginning of my pull (remember I've already pulled a couple previous runs) the intake temperature was 87*. By the end of my pull, the intake temperature had risen to around 95*. This compares to another friend who was also tuning then. He has most of the mods that I have short of the 2x IC and fan. His intake temps were rising to over 150* by the end of his pulls and was fighting detonation all day long.

Forgive me if I sound retarded, but I've never been to a dyno....

Do they have a big fan blowing in front of the car to simulate driven airflow?
Would this flow accurately repsresent driven ariflow???

Thanks!

007_SuperCoupe
05-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes, there are big fans simulating driving. The big difference is that the hood is up, so you don't have to flow as much air over it to keep it relatively cool. And it's not like you are driving and driving heating up the car...You just bring it up to an rpm that won't downshift (for an auto) and gas it. The pull doesn't take too long.

I had one fan on my car, whereas my friend had 3 if that gives you any indication as to how good the IC is...

MrBlvd
05-13-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm currently out of town so I can get any pictures right now. Also due to the rubbing, I need to have some "touch-up" work done to the IC to make it really pretty again. I'll snap some shots when I get some of that stuff straight.

The divider does seperate each core completely. It is welded all the way around so there is no option, but for the air to be divided.

I was just curious when you might have some picures showing the hood modification.

007_SuperCoupe
05-14-2005, 12:51 PM
I was just curious when you might have some picures showing the hood modification.

I don't have a digital camera right now, so it might be a few days until I can get one taken. I'll get one though. I'm also going to be working with Ken on a modified design that will easily fit under the hood and not reduce flow at all.

XR7 Dave
05-14-2005, 05:05 PM
The fan in front of the IC at the dyno does little compared to driving at speeds over 30mph. The ideal solution with an IC such as this is a shortened AC condenser that uncovers the IC. A combination such as this will meet the needs of 98% of all SuperCoupes.

kenewagner
06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I have one custom double IC for sale. This IC has a divider to split the flow of air so both cores cool evenly. It has raised end tanks built for better flow, and polished stainless steel sides. This IC will work with any raised hood but a stock hood will not work do to clearance problems with one of the stiffners in the stock hood. Cost is 400.00 and I pay shipping

Ken

I am looking to get 375.00 for this IC. I will pay shipping. I probably wont be building them in the future so pick this one up if you can. I would perfer a money order.

Ken

Melon
06-06-2005, 03:42 PM
They are worth the money. They look great and perform just as well.

-Melon

donnie189
07-10-2005, 03:13 AM
How much for the double intercooler? Will it work as well as Magnapowers double intercoolers? Do you even still have it? Thanks inadvance!

[email protected]

Ken

victor malvar
07-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Ken, I will take it. Im sorry, I lost track of this whole thing before. My Bother was real bad shape last time. I paypal you just call me and give me you Paypal account.
Victor...
352-732-5013
or email me will do it tomorrow or tonight!

kenewagner
07-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Ken, I will take it. Im sorry, I lost track of this whole thing before. My Bother was real bad shape last time. I paypal you just call me and give me you Paypal account.
Victor...
352-732-5013
or email me will do it tomorrow or tonight!

Victor
I have sold the Dbl ICs I had. I need some cash to buy some parts for my SC so I will build you another one if you provide me 2 stock ICs to work with. I have a better design now that works well with the stock hood. Let me know as I am probably not building more in the future unless somethings change at my work. My # at work is 1 800 642-8411 if you want to get ahold of me

Ken

victor malvar
07-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Victor
I have sold the Dbl ICs I had. I need some cash to buy some parts for my SC so I will build you another one if you provide me 2 stock ICs to work with. I have a better design now that works well with the stock hood. Let me know as I am probably not building more in the future unless somethings change at my work. My # at work is 1 800 642-8411 if you want to get ahold of me

Ken

Hi Ya Ken,

Don't stop NOW!
I have 12 good cores not junk but good cores. We should talk. I'll try to call you tomorrow or call me. I just bought a Tig, But It's goint to take awhile before I can figure the art out and I have other things I need it for... Thank Ken! I certainly appreciate it!
I'll send you a PM right now!!! Lets talk as we did before!

Thank again!

Victor and Diane
352-732-5013
Click here; http://stores.ebay.com/Spinning-Wheels-SC?refid=store
[email protected]
www.spinningwheels-sc.com