SC belt impossible to install!

darkstar_one

Dudes. I know my 94-95 SC pulley is bigger. I already researched the part numbers and the belts are the same for a 1991. How the hell do people install the belt. Its seems impossible to get on!

Are you saying the belt sizes for a 94 / 95 is the same as a 91?

Are you sure you are releasing all of the tension from the belt tentioner?

Seems like I always sort of walk it onto the pulley by looping it over the jackshaft pulley, looping it under the tensioner and slightly on the edge of the SC pulley. Then I rotate the SC pulley by hand while I hold the tensioner up and it walks the belt on. If I had a 3rd hand, it might be easier. :cool:

It might go easier by putting it on the jackshaft and sc pullies and pulling back the tensioner and sliding it on the tensioner pulley.

ive tried everythign... i tried yelling at it... i tried screaming at it... i tried punching it.... im out of ideas... the problem is the damn AC bracket! its in the freaking way!

seems i got it on. i removed the AC... grinding the lil part were it would hit and all is well now! big pain in the anus if u ask me!

i find it odd that it comes off without a problem but is a pain to get back on even if your using the same belt

your right it is a bear i romoved my sc last nite to port it . i was disapointed with the results it didnt help much prob cause i only have a 60mm throttle body and i got tired og grinding after 3 hours and didnt do as much as i should have , i had to put it on the sc and jackshaft first then fight with it for about 2 min to make it fit

Last edited:
Weird...
I had absolutely no trouble getting my SC belt on and it was my first time changing belts... ever.

i had a similar problem so like a mechanics child i had someone out there hand ont he sc pulley to hold the belt in place while they releaced the pressure fromt eh tensior and i cranckedthe engine ahhaha it got the belt on the supercharger. oh and a bitchin purple blood blister on my friends hand but hey he shouldve offered to crankthe engine not hold the belt :p

A very easy problem to overlook is the water pump stud. If you are not paying attention the belt will hook on the stud which will shorten the belt preventing you from reinstalling it back on the car. Not that that was your problem but an easy way to get stuck.

Rich

I had the same problem a while back when I changed my SC belt. They came off just fine, but the outer (longest) belt was very difficult to get back on. I thought that the parts store gave me the wrong size belt, but when I checked it against the old one, it was correct. I imagine the belt stretches a bit after use making it easy to come off. If I had just 1/8" more of tensioner travel, it would have slipped on just fine....

Back