Fiberglass work help needed

392Bird

I have soome fiberglass that needs some kind of coating on it to smooth it out before painting. It looks like the underside of some of these hoods that only have gel coating on the top. Anything that can be brushed or sprayed on in the home garage?

You should be able to put mix up and just brush on fiberglass with no matting, as long as you make sure there is no gel coating there, to fiberglass my friend tought me it has to be to either to fiberglass bare or metal bare, not on top of primer or gel coating or paint :) . I thought i was going to have to with the 50$ hood i got on ebay, i was planing to fiberglass the bottom and then paint it, but it came all done for me, its fully undersided :) I'm getting better and better at fiberglassing as i keep practice'n, had to fix my wing, it came out ok, could been better but i wasnt that picky on it, since it was my red SC.. :) Alex L

You can brush or spray gelkote right on the raw fiberglass, just wipe good with acetone before application. They may still be mold release agent on there that will prevent adhesion. I work in a fiberglass shop, you can pm me with any other questions.

Where would I get this stuff at, and is that a brand name? I will have a area about 3 ft square to coat, how much will it take? Thanks

Bruce

Back