View Full Version : Cam Sensor Security Screw

05-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Is the security screw that holds the cam sensor in place a T50 or does it need a special "Ford" tool?

05-11-2005, 11:58 AM
it takes a torx with a hole drilled in the middle for the center pin cant think of real name for it but they arew available everywhere . got mine at harbor freight.

05-11-2005, 05:46 PM
You mean a tamper proof torx bit? Mine are held on with small bolts. I just use a nut driver but I forget the size.

05-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes, the tamper proof torx screw.
I can't get my hands on a large enough bit and may have to find a place that can order on for me. I just want to know if it's size T50.
If I can't find the proper bit, I'll dremel out the nub from inside the screw and use a regular torx bit. (which I should end up doing rather than pay for the security bit)

05-11-2005, 09:14 PM
I got a small and stronge screw driver that could fit inside the head and just broke the little pin off and then used a simple t-50 torx to get it out.

Jason Wild
05-11-2005, 09:35 PM
try CT they should have them in the auto area.