New LCA's have arrived!!!!!

the-big-e

Alrighty then......

My LCA's are here from Rock Auto.....

The strut to control arm bushing is very different than the originals......

Moog part #K80053 is the left side LCA and #K80055 is the right side LCA......

Not one of the parts stores that I visited showed a bushing like the ones in the newer LCAs......Zero, nada, ziltch...... :mad:

If you want, or need, the strut to control arm bushing......Just get the whole assembly....... :cool:

And that's all I have to say about that...... :D

Attachments

• LCA.jpg
    LCA.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 192
on no not this again, what do u mean get the whole assembly?
i am going to order these friday

the-big-e said:
Alrighty then......

My LCA's are here from Rock Auto.....

The strut to control arm bushing is very different than the originals......

Moog part #K80053 is the left side LCA and #K80055 is the right side LCA......

Not one of the parts stores that I visited showed a bushing like the ones in the newer LCAs......Zero, nada, ziltch...... :mad:

If you want, or need, the strut to control arm bushing......Just get the whole assembly....... :cool:

And that's all I have to say about that...... :D

It is well worth it to just buy the whole LCAs.

They do come complete with everything.

I got these for about $55.00 each plus shipping.

New ball joints by themselves were going to cost me about $28.00 each.

Like I said in the first post, nobody had the strut to LCA bushings......

All other bushings were supplied by MN12 Performance.....

U bought the whole assembly right?
so what bushings are u talking about that are not right?
the ones i posted yesterday from autozone are seperate from the ones that come with the new control arms.

the-big-e said:

The ones you posted were for the rear......At least that is what was on the box that the counter help showed me at Auto Zone.....

If you get the Moog #'s that are at the top of this post, you will get the following:

Lower control arm with ball joint
Strut to shock bushing
Control arm to frame bushing

All you need to do is bolt it on.....

I ordered the complete bushing kit from MN12 and it doesn't come with the strut to shock bushings and mine were showing signs of wear....

And as it is with most repairs, while you have these parts off the car, it is a good time to change those parts, etc, etc.......

I don't want to do this job twice, so I wanted everything replaced......

i am doing the same, i wanna do all the upper & lower arms all bushings new shocks and springs.
what comes with the mn12 complete bushings kit?

the-big-e said:
The ones you posted were for the rear......At least that is what was on the box that the counter help showed me at Auto Zone.....

If you get the Moog #'s that are at the top of this post, you will get the following:

Lower control arm with ball joint
Strut to shock bushing
Control arm to frame bushing

All you need to do is bolt it on.....

I ordered the complete bushing kit from MN12 and it doesn't come with the strut to shock bushings and mine were showing signs of wear....

And as it is with most repairs, while you have these parts off the car, it is a good time to change those parts, etc, etc.......

I don't want to do this job twice, so I wanted everything replaced......

the-big-e said:

That is a fantastic bargain.. As for your strut bushing.. That will work OK, even though it looks different.. I have the exact same LCAs that you have in your picture that I ordered direct from Ford. What you show in pictures and are referring to as the strut bushing is the shock mount bushing. It will work properly provided you torque the bolt to the 105 or so lbs that it requires.

The actual tension strut hole in the LH side of the pic takes 2 bushings called strut-to-arm. These can be purchased from a number of parts stores. I got mine from Pep Boys. :)

See....

Thats the trouble that I am having......Everybody has a different name for the same things.......It's like Spanglish.......

rzibilske77: I bought the MN12 complete front and rear end kit and it has all the bushings that your SC will need, except for that agrivating shock/strut to arm bushing that I have been looking for.....

You need to tell Rich at MN12 what year and the size of your front sway bar.....

If you have an 89, it is probably 1 1/8"......I am told that for every other year the sway bar is 1 1/16"......

I am not replacing my springs, yet.......

your exactly right big e and these local parts stores with high schoolers running em don't help.
I will give rich a call about the kit(i have a 35th btw)
I think i will wait and let u guys problem solve about all this and then i will have a much easier time :)
How much is the complete bushing kit...just courios ?

the-big-e said:
See....

Thats the trouble that I am having......Everybody has a different name for the same things.......It's like Spanglish.......

rzibilske77: I bought the MN12 complete front and rear end kit and it has all the bushings that your SC will need, except for that agrivating shock/strut to arm bushing that I have been looking for.....

You need to tell Rich at MN12 what year and the size of your front sway bar.....

If you have an 89, it is probably 1 1/8"......I am told that for every other year the sway bar is 1 1/16"......

the-big-e said:
See....

Now I understand the confusion in your other thread.
You were actualy concerned about the lower SHOCK MOUNT bushings.
The strut rod bushings are a completely different animal.
Watch this refire the debate as to if we have shocks or struts or coilover shocks on the front of the SC. LOL!!!!!! :D
Most all of the parts stores I know of list those bushings as lower shock bushings and not strut bushings.
Throw in the fact that the only bushings they have listed for the TBird as STRUT bushings are infact the STRUT ROD bushings and its no wonder a person could get so confused.
Those lower SHOCK bushings you have in your new LCA's is just fine. They are the same ones that are in my new LCA's and to my knowledge thats the new design you get today for those bushings, so you're good to go. :)
Unless you want to replace the STRUT rod bushings while you have everything apart, if so you'll need to go to the parts store and get those. :)

I agree with Mike. The shock/strut (not strut rod) bushings are the newer style. They switched over around 1991 (not 100% sure about the year) and that's what I received when I bought new control arms a few years ago.

the-big-e said:
See....

Thats the trouble that I am having......Everybody has a different name for the same things.......It's like Spanglish........

LMAO :) Nice analogy!

I am going to order those tomorrow from Carquest, thanks! Those look really nice!

And they come painted BLACK, just like my bird...... :D

I paid $450.00 for the entire front and rear set of bushings from MN12.....

My mechanic is doing the bushing change out for about $850.00.....We keep adding other upgrades, as needed....... :rolleyes:

He has me pondering the idea of installing some 1 1/2" lowering springs.....Now would be the time to do it........ :cool:

I also got a deal on a set of front Tokico shocks, as well......

I did have to paint them BLACK, as I didn't like the idea of seeing a white shock up under my BLACK fender....... :D

Tell me about it. Got a box of bushings sitting here to put on and now I find out there are LCA's to go with my UCAs. **** it would be nice if they all hade the same complete data base for parts Advance down the street (in VA) didn't list them, we spent an hour digging out the numbers for the indiv. parts.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe they'll take 'em back .....gotta find that reciept. :mad:

Back