IC Fan Hook-up

over_charged SC

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but.... There are just too many threads to go thumbing through. How do you electricly hook up the IC Fan? It's in place, with the ground wire done up. Otherwise, it's just sitting there doing nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

I would just put it on a switch, so when your feeling frisky, just turn er' on. I myself am putting in a thermal switch right at the top of the IC, so when it gets above 100, it'll turn on the fan. they sell thermal switches on ebay, worth checking out since electricity dont come cheap, on a car anyways.

What do you all think of this option?

I was thinking about having the fan run in direct proportion with the T-Body. As the Throttle opens, the fan rpm's rise. At idle, it runs at 1/8 potential, at full throttle, full fan potential. What do you think?

Needlessly Complicated

I think the TB idea is way to complicated. I run mine directly to the battery with a switch that interupts the ground. Switch off, breaks the ground and fan is off, switch on completes the circuit and fan in on. The switch is hidden in the ash tray. That way I can run the fan while the car is off and I am icing down the IC in between runs.

Dave

wire it to a switch with a relay. mine's wired to come on with my ignition so i can turn it off with the switch if i need to.

Back