Where do you hook up a new temp guage?

Quick Cat 89

i know its probably been asked several times but i didnt want to search through 500,000 threads to find it. i know there are two different places where the temp guage hooks up. im just wondering which one you tie in to. my new pillar guage pod came in and i just put a new boost guage in it now i want a temp guage. if anybody has some step by step info that would be great. i know its probably not that hard i just dont wana hook it up and get the wrong info and think my engine is running cool and its not. thanks guys!! :D

Quick Cat 89 said:
i know its probably been asked several times but i didnt want to search through 500,000 threads to find it. i know there are two different places where the temp guage hooks up. im just wondering which one you tie in to. my new pillar guage pod came in and i just put a new boost guage in it now i want a temp guage. if anybody has some step by step info that would be great. i know its probably not that hard i just dont wana hook it up and get the wrong info and think my engine is running cool and its not. thanks guys!! :D

Make sure the sensor is directly in the flow of water. Many people tend to put them out of the flow and then they read low.

where exactly could i do that. i want an accurate reading as possible. sorry but iv never hooked one of those up before. anywhere on the block or something already where i could tie it in??

I placed my AM sensor in place of the factory sensor. It wont make your CE or CG light come on. Besides, why would you need the factory gauge?

Back