Pics of my SC in the mountains!

92bird

Had fun! My car is still purdy, even with a couple thousand hail dents in it.. I had the day off and decided to take a little road trip.

MVC-001F.jpg

This is my favorite!

MVC-004F.jpg

MVC-005F.jpg

MVC-006F.jpg

MVC-008F.jpg

Overlooking Boulder, Colorado

MVC-010F.jpg

MVC-011F.jpg

One of the more mellow Hairpin Turns

MVC-012F.jpg

Had a blast.. Driving in mountains is so fun.. The supercharger whine is insane against mounds of rock!

Jeramie

Last edited:
92bird said:
Had fun! My car is still purdy, even with a couple thousand hail dents in it.. I had the day off and decided to take a little road trip.

Had a blast.. Driving in mountains is so fun.. The supercharger whine is insane against mounds of rock!

Jeramie

DAMMET Jeramie! Now I have to buy a new set of wheels! :D :D :D
SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME HAVE TO DO!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your CAR IS AWESOME MAN!!!! :)

Engine Rebuild

Hey nice photos to begin with!!

But, I looked at your member profile and noticed that you did an engine rebuild, and I am planning on doing that myself this winter coming up, and was wondering how diffucult it was, as far as parts and time, and lastly how much something like that costs.

Thanks a bunch and once again, beautiful pics!
-Brian

Also,

These pictures will make some damn good wallpaper! :D

Also, where can I get a set of wheels like those? What brand are those??? :confused:

Last edited:
But, I looked at your member profile and noticed that you did an engine rebuild, and I am planning on doing that myself this winter coming up, and was wondering how diffucult it was, as far as parts and time, and lastly how much something like that costs.

Brian, actually Fred Holzhauer (aka Dr. Fred) did the rebuild for me. I helped, but he was the master builder. Seems fairly simple. I've rebuild both AOD and 4R70W transmissions though, and I think they easier than an engine rebuild. Mainly because you can do it in-house.. An engine, you have to take to a machine shop.

I'm about to attempt an M5R2 rebuild, wish me luck. I snagged a '95 5 speed transmission for my '92.

Dirtybird91:

Also, these wheels are no longer available in chrome. Makes me happy because I'll be somewhat unique..

They are an ADR Kasai, in an 18x8".. I am running 245/45/18 Falken tires.

Brad (cudaz101) still has a few sets of silver left for cheeep..

I think one of these pics deserves to sit on the home page for a month.. Anyone agree.. Some of the best pics ive even seen.. Great job!!

James...

jamesgangel said:
I think one of these pics deserves to sit on the home page for a month.. Anyone agree.. Some of the best pics ive even seen.. Great job!!

James...

I will definately have to agree with that one James. :cool:

Wow those pictures are awesume! Love your car man and the background is sweet. I want to take some pics of my 35th like those someday.

Shane

Was there last year 1st-2nd week of June, very nice place and the mountains are awesome. We went up that exact road, it reminded me of rally racing. Unfortunantly I didn't have my car but it was sure breath taking looking out over some of those areas. What is even more unqiue getting out of the vehicle near the top and knowing your elevation is well over a mile and a half high. You sure feel it when you do some hiking up there if your used to nearly sea level!
BoulCO16.JPG

Boulder

BoulCO27.JPG

Lost Gulch

Back