Leaving for Carlisle?

coolhand

I know its a few weeks away, but I have arrangements to make for the Thursday, and was wondering when we were gonna leave and where we were gonna meet. Bev and I might not make it with the group the whole way down. We stop every few hours for a smoke, but would be nice to leave as a group.

Matt, a few of us met up around noon or a bit before in the west end last year, before heading out. Once we get a bit closer to the departure day, we can figure out who is coming that is able to leave on Thursday. Then we can decide on a meet-up location and time that works out the best.

cheers
Ed N.

OK...
I will try and be patient. So much to do to the Bird and so little time..............LMFAO. Spent about 4 hrs polishing her yesterday. The interior is next, and the motor before we leave. BLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed what time are you wanting to leave?
It looks like I'm not taking the Bird as I'm haveing a lot of problems with the motor right now. So I will be driving the mark 8

I'm still scrambling to get my list of stuff done before Carlisle too. I've already decided that the cam swap will have to wait until after we return. I just didn't like the idea of the trip down being the first real test for the setup. I did one full application of the Zaino stuff this past Monday, and I'd like to do that once more in the next couple of evenings before sealing her up with some wax.

I need to get an alignment done once more, and I'd really like to get the windows tinted before we leave. I've also got a Taylor battery box to finally stuff the battery into (in the trunk). I'd also like to get one or two subs in a box to finish off the sound system.

...Guess I should start typing and get to work, eh?!

I'd like to leave a little earlier on Thursday. Bill McNeil and I are driving down in my car. We were thinking 10 AM. If the rest of the group doesn't want to leave until noon, that's cool. It might be nice to know you'll all be following us down in case anything goes wrong.

Cheers,

Sean

I think last year we left from Malton at around 11:00 or 11:30, since we only had a few people leaving at the same time.

I would likely be OK with a 10:00 am departure. I guess we just have to decide where ... maybe the Tim's in Stoney Creek again as in years past.

cheers
Ed N.

fast Ed said:
I think last year we left from Malton at around 11:00 or 11:30, since we only had a few people leaving at the same time.

I would likely be OK with a 10:00 am departure. I guess we just have to decide where ... maybe the Tim's in Stoney Creek again as in years past.

cheers
Ed N.

That Tim's at 10 AM works for me.

Cheers,

Sean

10:00 am in Stony Creek sounds good to me. Just let me know where the H*** it is. We would like to leave with you guys, but as I said we stop every few hours, so we probably wont make the whole trip down with the group.
Let me know.

coolhand said:
10:00 am in Stony Creek sounds good to me. Just let me know where the H*** it is. We would like to leave with you guys, but as I said we stop every few hours, so we probably wont make the whole trip down with the group.
Let me know.

Matt,

The Tim's we're talking about is located just off the QEW at Centennial Parkway in Stoney Creek. You exit at Centennial Parkway and then travel south a few blocks. The Tim's is on the right hand side as you're heading south (away from the lake), just across from the Home Depot.

Cheers,

Sean

Ok since were geting near does anyone have a set of Mobile Radios so we can talk to each other I'm willing to buy a set to match others.

Ed do you have some of the pass for free ultra 94 I have not got mine yet. :)

I hope ever one is ready

Jason Wild said:
Ok since were geting near does anyone have a set of Mobile Radios so we can talk to each other I'm willing to buy a set to match others.

Jason, I've got a pair. You can use one of them if you would like.

Jason Wild said:
I hope ever one is ready

I managed to get the windows tinted, and the car rust-proofed today. The car spends most of the time in the garage, but it's stayed so rust-free up to now, I thought why tempt fate?!

Unfortunately, my alternator is showing signs of giving up the ghost, so I'm going to swap in a spare I've got and hope for the best. Jim Gravelle ran this spare for a few weeks on his car while his was out being rebuilt, so I'm sure he'd have told me if there was anything I needed to be leary of about it.

Otherwise, I'm an alignment, AC service and a little more detailing away from being ready to depart for Carlisle Thursday morning! Anybody else starting to get excited?!

:D

Cheers,

Sean

Jason Wild said:

This is the way I went home last year it was vary fast for the most part just a little more towns you get in to but some that were vary nice.
http://mappoint.msn.com/(502dvciy1x...LangID=USA&RouteType=Quickest&RouteUnit=Miles
When I was leaving carlisle I was trying to find the the 74 out of there and was toled it cuts 30min off the trip.
not sure what way we want to go.

That second route takes us down through Salamanca NY. I go there often. My inlaws have a house/cottage there. I've taken that route on my way down to Murtle Beach before and 219 has some sweet twisties south of Salamanca. Unfortunately, that resulted in Noah puking all over himself on that trip. :rolleyes: I think you also go past a pretty cool looking windmill farm (for power generation) down through there.

I'd be up to trying that route if everyone else is game.

Cheers,

Sean

A passport is always nice, but not a neccesity. Just make sure you have a picture ID (drivers license) and your birth certificate and any other official ID just in case.
Is the 10 am meet at the Tims still on???????????????
Its probably an unnessasary reminder, but be sure all your fluids are OK and tire pressures are correct. Been there, done that.

Back