Inercooler Mister ?

Intercooler Mister ?

Who makes the best Intercooler mister?
Putting one on my XR7

Where is the best place to get one?

Last edited:
welll

Water mister..Go water injection to reduce air charge temp...Aquamist makes a great kit...Spearco makes a decent kit and its priced around $200..Check em out

Thank You

I will look into it
What I was looking for was a mister to put in front of the intercooler to mist cool water on the core as you run down the track

Thank you for the info

Last edited:
water cooler for less $$$

I posted some stuff on how to make one for less than $25.00 a while back. The parts were eazy to come by,and it worked. Go back and see if you can find it ,otherwise get a hold of me and I will walk you thru building one. I can't post pic's so don't ask, I had to have my son do it for me the last time, as I am rather dumb when it comes to some of this stuff of posting....Rich

Last edited:
Joey no it dont

Joey its a fine mist
you switch it on before you make your run the cool mist cools the air going though the intercooler core

There is guys here that have them but I was wondering if there is one made high qulity type

It works great with intercooler fan its another way without using a liquid cooled intercooler

Last edited:
sprayer how to

First you get a windsheild washer bottle, then you get some 1/8" copper tubing, hook the tubes together so they make three tubes running up and down with a tube on the top and bottom to give it some thing to hold on to. Now drill holes down each upright tube. These holes should be as SMALL as you can make them. I used a # drill,space them at different spots and move the angle a bit each way so you get a better spray area. hook the three tubes to the spray bottle and mount it. Thats it and if you do your homework you can do it for less than $10 by using junk yard parts. Good luck and no I don't really want to go into the selling of something that is so eazy to make.I will help you but you will have to build it. The biggest thing is to keep the holes as small as you can....Rich

Rich thanks

Your idea sounds good
I will build on like that they work real good cooling the inercooler

Aaron that use to be form the Nor-Cal club has one it worked nice thanks Rich FE 427 brother :)

Rich: I remember you posting pics awhile ago, do you have an intercooler fan on your car? I cant' see you having one if I remember the pictures correctly... Should I

a) Take off the ic fan and do the mister
b) leave the ic fan, forget the mister
c) leave the ic fan, make the mister go below it
d) put the mister on, then strap the ic fan over top of it

Spray system

Tazer999 Here are some pictures of the sprayer to help you out. The second picture was of the bigger sprayer before it was completed.

cooler2.jpg

cooler3.jpg

Sprayer and fan combo

Yes the fan does help and it should be used as well to help pull the wetter thru the intercooler. I have been using one for a while now and it does help. You can cool down that hot box and that can only help in making more go go to go better. Also thanks to Nasty V6 for the pics of the unit. Thats what this is suspost to be about,PEOPLE HELPING each other, Not slamming or KEEPING SECRETS on how to do things.......Rich

Last edited:
Back