Going to look at 95 SC POINTERS PLS!!!!!!

Wanted1990SC

OK, I'm going to look (tomorrow) at what might possibly be my 3rd Super Coupe. First 2 were 1990's which I had both in the early 90's. Here we are 15 years later and I'm come to try and revisit the passion of the car that got so many stares back in da day! :) The drivetrain I'm not really worried about. My father is a retired ASE (or whatever) Certified mechanic. I'm willing to do the work, as long as he supervises! A built up long block will eventually go in it. I'm more concerned about the body. What trouble spots should I look for as far as rust goes? Anything else I should look for? Don't get me wrong, engine/trans pointers are welcome too. It's a 1995 SC 5 Speed with a moonroof and leather! :) Thanks in advance!

It's a rare car!!!!

I have one.........Great cars!!!!!!!

About rust....where's the car located???? If in a bad snow area, check by the drivers floor and passenger floor. Also inside the spare tire well.

Also, Make sure console parts are in good shape. They are hard to find now. Check the engine oil and coolant. Also, check for codes if possible. Make sure nothing is wrong. The 94-95's were recalled by Ford for Headgaskets although the recall has expired now. Ask if the headgaskets were ever done.

Otherwise, if you get it, welcome to the rariety club!!!

Don

Hope it works out for ya, they are rare. If there is no rust either, then congradulations, grab it. And remember, cosmetics can always be fixed, unlike rust.

Is this the black 95 5 speed in glenview? If it is that a hell of a good price at $ 2650. if that the car were talking about.

stick you head under the car and look behind the ground effects....check the rockers for rust. look for any bubbling paint. check around the wheel wells for rust. open the door and check the inside corners and botom for rust. look at the wheels from a distance and see if they're tilted in at the bottom. This is all the stuff that i found on the SC i bought. And its really good (sort of) if u find flaws. i pointed out all those things to the owner that he didn't tell me abut, dropped the price from 3300 to 1400 haha! other than that the car was freakin mint. just bubbly paint in some sections and some on the inside of the door. all the other stuff i exaturated :) giver a try

LightEMup said:
stick you head under the car and look behind the ground effects....check the rockers for rust. look for any bubbling paint. check around the wheel wells for rust. open the door and check the inside corners and botom for rust. look at the wheels from a distance and see if they're tilted in at the bottom. This is all the stuff that i found on the SC i bought. And its really good (sort of) if u find flaws. i pointed out all those things to the owner that he didn't tell me abut, dropped the price from 3300 to 1400 haha! other than that the car was freakin mint. just bubbly paint in some sections and some on the inside of the door. all the other stuff i exaturated :) giver a try

Yeah, this is the 5 Speed SC that was in Glenview, IL. The lady who is selling the car was extremely nice! I asked her if the head gaskets were replaced and she didn't know. The car ran strong and was very fast. There was a loud hum/buzz coming from the rear end though so that was a concern. The car did have some rust under the hood and on the inside of the doors. Rust bubbles on the hood. The paint was so faded in parts you can see the bare metal. I'm still contemplating if I should make an offer for it. Haven't really even thought about it hard yet because I had a friend in town for the weekend. However, to get the car to where i want it would be a lot of work.

Wanted1990SC said:
Yeah, this is the 5 Speed SC that was in Glenview, IL. The lady who is selling the car was extremely nice! I asked her if the head gaskets were replaced and she didn't know. The car ran strong and was very fast. There was a loud hum/buzz coming from the rear end though so that was a concern. The car did have some rust under the hood and on the inside of the doors. Rust bubbles on the hood. The paint was so faded in parts you can see the bare metal. I'm still contemplating if I should make an offer for it. Haven't really even thought about it hard yet because I had a friend in town for the weekend. However, to get the car to where i want it would be a lot of work.
pshh....buzzing schmuzzing....just crank the damn radio up, that's what i do when i hear funny noises. When it exceeds the sterio at full volume....then that's when u need to do some replacin!! haha

A rare factory car but if you don't have the ability to work on it then don't buy it. Owning these cars you really have to learn how to work on them as it's impossible to find garages to touch them. The car is selling for well under the blue book value. Plan on putting at least the price of the car back into fixing it up. Painting, etc...

Rich

Rich Thomson said:
A rare factory car but if you don't have the ability to work on it then don't buy it. Owning these cars you really have to learn how to work on them as it's impossible to find garages to touch them. The car is selling for well under the blue book value. Plan on putting at least the price of the car back into fixing it up. Painting, etc...

Rich

While I am decent with a wrench, I'm no pro. My car was involved in an accident and right now I'm just not in the situation to put money into a project car. After going back on forth if I wanted to take the car, I think I will pass on it for now. Next year I'll revisit the idea of buying a project car. Thanks for all your guys advice.

Back