Spark plug wire choices

metalman

What are you guys using. My car is acting up now, if you haven't noticed from my other thread here :( I want to get some wires. I know my choices but what are some advantages, disadvantages of companies?

Motorcraft
Magnacore
Splitfire
anyone else...

I was using splitfire wires and they worked pretty good. I ordered some magnacores for my new motor. From what I understand, the bigger the wire, the better the spark quality.

Plug wires are not a performance upgrade item. Typically if a plug wire change nets any HP gain at all it is because either the ignition system is inadequate or the wires were damaged in the first place.

The SC's DIS is a good ignition system and it has proven to work as well with a stock replacement wire as with anything else. I would be more concerned about terminal end fitment and quality of the boots than anything else.

Just don't choose Jacobs Plug Wires. They seem to require the spark gap to be narrowed significantly to get the engine to not break-up at higher RPM. I am using Accel Extreme 9000's for 2 years with no issues.

Igntion Wires

We have tried Magnacor,Jacobs,accel, and Now We use the Splitfire wires!

I tend to agree with XR7 Dave (Dave Dalke) and many others latelly. Dave tunned my car with the Splifire wires and triple Platinum Plugs! He mentions that he has never seen such high numbers on a stock engine. My numbers were pretty high. He said dont change anything just add a Double Intercooler for even higher no.s It seems that the dual core Splitfire Ingnition Wires have the Dual Core and this dual core delivers the same or comprable spark! We have not been able to keep them in stock. They sell pretty fast. I have used and sold the Magnacors, Jacobs, Accels Expensive wires $115.00 for a set Of Magnacors! The Splitfire Ignition wires do not need assembling, they were made especially for the SC's for us! The fitment is easy and the boots were made to cutom fit hard to get to areas.They made one boot smaller than the others for better fitment.The core is made out of Kevlar a product used in the Military because of Its special properties. The Cost of the Splitfire Wires is $59.00 They have given many SC's and XR7 an alternative at almost half the price! We have not had one set returned, only compliments on these wires! Ask some of the guys. Even If I did not sell them, with what I know about them now! I would purchase them In an Instant. I have seen the results first hand. These wires are a top notch Ingnition wires, with the same firing power due to the Dual Cores they are equivalent to the more expensive big named wires try them If you do not like them you can return them. Thats our warranty. The coil boots create a Vaccum and will not come off! Like the ones with the clips which do come off! If you burn one core you have a second core! What other wire gives you all these qualities? If I did not think they were top Ignition Wires I would not use them or sell them.
Time will prove these wires to be Superior or just as good as their competition. They are being Featured in the Hot Rod Magazine this coming month! Check them out!
Victor.....

Attachments

• wireart.jpg
    wireart.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 113
  • prod_shot_wireset.jpg
    prod_shot_wireset.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 114
  • !cid_00ce01c55333$3de3e470$d50f6e18@george.jpg
    !cid_00ce01c55333$3de3e470$d50f6e18@george.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 98
  • splitfirewires3.jpg