OMG...look at this!!!

Too Much Power!!!

Hard to believe, but I've heard Mitsu VR4s have TWO of those, and it takes AWD to manage all the Torque!

It'd probably rip a Cavalier clean in two.

Good grief; Someone's actually bidding good money on the hairdryer?!? 'Scuse me, I gotta get an ad up.....

ya

ya thats pretty bad.....I didn;t know an all plastic turbo and plastic turbine could handle those extreme exhaust gasses....what do you guys think?

LOL ok that's just funny but I remember hearing about something similar except it was a normal turbo with an electric motor that "pre-spun" the turbo to reduce turbo lag... anyone else hear of that?

I don't know about that, but does anyone remember this?

blower.jpg

This comes from the brainchild of the great e-ram. If you haven't saw this try looking it up on a search engine for a good laugh... They somehow have managed to get an extra 5hp at the wheels on some car. I have a Stealth (3kGT clone) and have never witnessed the plastic turbo thing though. I would watch the whole Mitsu bashing thing though cause there are more than a few cars on 3si.org that could smack our fastest SCs around for the fun of it. :(

That's not a turbo....

That black plastic "velute" is just the impeller half of a turbo, kinda like a centrifugal supercharger but instead of the belt driving the impeller it has an electric motor.

As to whether or not it flows 600CFM of air is another thing. If it does in fact flow 600CFM of air without significantly heating up the air, it actually might be worth investigating.

However, the electric motor might draw too much current from the system or it may get very hot itself and therefore heat up the intake charge.

I've heard about the e-ram and seen the video of it "flying" around the room as a demonstration of it's "power". the thing about the e-ram is they never made a CFM rating claim....

I think that black plastic impeller is part of one of those bathroom fans. Bwahahahahahaha! Welcome to Home Depot auto supply! While you're there, maybe you can pick up a toilet to install in place of the drivers seat... imagine the benefits on long road trips.

Rob

On cars like the older tubo 280ZX and 300ZX there was a fan that was used to blow air through ducting onto the injectors. It was black, plastic, and looked just like what that guy is selling. I wouldn't doublt if it that's what it really is.

And as far as the Mitsu bashing. There probalbly is some that could beat or fastest SC, but its gonna cost them a helluva lot more money, and I know of plenty on good ole American Muscle that would slap them sidways. So keep the rice in the pot.

Umm, am I missing something here? 150CFM at 8000RPM????? I hope that thing spins real fast and the relationship between air flow and RPM increases exponentially otherwise I don't think that would be enough airflow to feed a three cylinder Metro.

BlownMerc said:
And as far as the Mitsu bashing. There probalbly is some that could beat or fastest SC, but its gonna cost them a helluva lot more money, and I know of plenty on good ole American Muscle that would slap them sidways. So keep the rice in the pot.

I think he misunderstood Chris' comment to me. It wasn't bashing. Chris and I are friends and he was just being friendly. I don't want to start a war (and being a SC owner, you know I love our cars), but there are a LOT of 3/S cars that could beat many of the fastest SCs. And as for the money factor, you can get a TT 3/S for around $7500 in some places, spend another ~$500 on mods and run mid-high 12's. Then if you wanna get more into it, just plain "bolt-ons" can get a 3/S into the 11's. You don't even have to really touch the motor for that. Beyond that, 10's are as far as any 3/S has gone. Yeah, you can get a 5.0 stang for $3000 and spend the rest on mods and run whatever you want, but you have to look at what a 10 sec mustang looks and drives like and then look at what a 10 sec 3/S looks like. Full interior, leather, electronic A/C, all sorts of gadgets, CD changer, AWD/AWS that can pull a .95 on the skidpad, very comfy ride, great styling (IMHO) etc. and that's all stock, and it's all still there on a 10 sec 3/S. Plus, you can drive your 3/S around all day, take it to the track, let it cool, turn up the boost, run some 11's, 12's, 10's, whatever, then lower the boost and go right back out on the street. Also, on the street, AWD isn't gonna let you down, and just increases the hurt you can put on someone.

fan as a "charger"

I think you all are kind of missing a big point regarding this fan as a supercharger. First of all, I'm sure air is vacuumed in waaay faster then 650cfm. Just to give an example, unclamp the intake before the MAF and put your hand near it. Try the same on the back of a 650cfm fan, or even an 800 cfm fan. Not close. But again, supercharging is based on the density of the air, not exactly the amount that can be "fanned" into the engine. The only instance I guess this fan would be of any help would be on a highly inefficient inake system, and I'm thinking that most modern cars have half decent ones.
Late,
------Dylan

P.S. I've been doing a lot of reading, can't you tell?

Matt Monet has a 3/S that runs in the 9s through the quarter. However I do love both cars since I have both of them. One thing that I don't understand is why their cars the same weight as ours, but how is it that their cars are so much faster? The AWD is only good for the launch. Any more info on the new SC platform and the stroked out 3.8. How much power did he gain? How hard was it? Since my 3.8 is shot I am very interested in the whole conversion.

Back