Auto A/C

Pearl Red XR7

I really like the way the Auto A/C looks, but my car does not have it. My junk yard has 2 or 3 with the option, what is involved with retrofiting the Auto A/C in?

Different wiring harness/s, three sensors (one in the instrument cluster bezel, one in the dash near the windshield, and one near the radiator), blower motor electronic speed controller, blend door actuator "module" (has a motor and feedback loop to the EATC), outside/recirculate solenoid with an additional vacuum hose.
Doesn't seem worth it. If your controls have silver switches, you might want to just swap them out with a manual unit that has black switches.

J.D. said:
Different wiring harness/s, three sensors (one in the instrument cluster bezel, one in the dash near the windshield, and one near the radiator), blower motor electronic speed controller, blend door actuator "module" (has a motor and feedback loop to the EATC), outside/recirculate solenoid with an additional vacuum hose.
Doesn't seem worth it. If your controls have silver switches, you might want to just swap them out with a manual unit that has black switches.

I did have the black one to start out with but swapped it out for the sliver. I guess I in the the digital look. however, that is a lot of stuff to install. I'll just have to make do with sliver. Thanks J.D.

Back