Need basic help!

Ratskinny

Cheers,
Im leaking coolant like mad out from just above the starter (i believe? passenger side towards the rear and bottom of the block, large cylinder shape). There is a smaller cylinder just above the starter and just towards the front of the car from that, is where its leaking. There looks to be a sensor there going into the block? With a cloth braided line going into the sensor and a hose right there as well that i cant tell if it goes into the sensor or what. Apologies for the basic questions but my manual is MIA and theres no-where to get one way up here north of 60. Any help or explanation of parts and or fixs etc. is greatly appreciated. Shane

Also if anyone could quickly tell me if its possible for a IAC on its way out to perform normal sometimes and not-normal other times or if its a cut and dry thin thatd be "stellar" thx

i think u are leaking from the temperature sensor that hooks up to the climate control system. remove the intake tube and check it out. You can just unscrew the sensor and reseal it with teflon tape. If it is leaking from the lines. you can cuz and just reclamp.

If your IAC is on its way it. your car will idle high or low.. and will probably make a dying GOOSE noise!

Ratskinny said:
Cheers,
Im leaking coolant like mad out from just above the starter ..... There looks to be a sensor there going into the block.....

Rat,

I had the same problem, and actually it's the knock sensor, but DS1 is correct on how to stop the leak. Get some teflon tape, unscrew the whole sensor from the block, wrap the threads with the teflon tape (wrap the tape starting at the end of the threads and work towards the sensor itself, very important), and reinstall the sensor into the block. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back