It Aint Worth It!

darkstar_one

Yeah. I think i had enough with my SC. Too much money and i still cant get it to run right. Damn Exhaust manifold caught on fire. By the 6th CYLINDER the tube heading down the manifold. I think it was because the CHEAP paint is pealing off and i think it has an oil leak there. But yeah. I ran to get a cup of water turn it off. Luckily it all hit the manifold so yeah. But I still cant get it to run right! Vacuum is a lil better. its 12 now it was 10 before. But it still idles high. WHen you accelerate it takes forever for the idle to come back down! The codes that keep being thrown is 172 and 136. Running too LEAN!

THis is my second time bolting things down. But i think i had enough with it! Ive spent so much freaking money on it. I dont want to spend anymore! I think ima give it one more try. And thats it. Ima part it out! Tired of this ****!

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak still or the IAC is gummed up. The vacuum leak will set those codes.

I feel your pain that's why I got rid of my SC's, too much trouble and to expensive to fix, Oh and can you say discontinued parts?

Jeff

BTW your console is on the way.

i was havin problems left and right with mine too....so i took it out in a parkin lot and did the bigest donut smoke show of my life, spun a rod bearing. forced me to rebuild the engine, ive never had a problem since, and i beat the living piss out of that engine. average rpm's on that must be 4200 haha

Check for vacuum leaks around the IC tubes. I think you can spray carb cleaner around the seals to see if thats where they are leaking. If there is a higher idle speed after you spray there than you have found your leak. I not, I would try replacing the o2 sensors.

Tough

Man, I know its tough. If it wasnt for everyone here, the site and my serious attitude towards getting beat. I would have beat the **** out of this car also. Its tough, its a money pit. It breaks me at times both mentally and financially but I will not let it beat me. I do understand there is no sense in sinking money into a car that is relentless with repairs. But, they are nice and if we dont do it....who will. Some other **** like us so why not. I really cant wait to get my trans back together only to break it again.

Hang in there. Think of it this way, if you took a whippin from someone wouldnt you go back the next day with a bigger stick and refuse to lose. I guess I have looked at it a differant way now. I am going to replace everything I can before I do any high performance parts. This way if it breaks, its because I beat it like a red headed step child. Just my thoughts. It took a few slaps from this site for me not give..................yet.

sonicman1634 said:
Check for vacuum leaks around the IC tubes. I think you can spray carb cleaner around the seals to see if thats where they are leaking. If there is a higher idle speed after you spray there than you have found your leak. I not, I would try replacing the o2 sensors.

Thats my suggestion, helped me when putting my XR back together.

darkstar_one said:
Yeah. I think i had enough with my SC. Too much money and i still cant get it to run right. Damn Exhaust manifold caught on fire. By the 6th CYLINDER the tube heading down the manifold. I think it was because the CHEAP paint is pealing off and i think it has an oil leak there. But yeah. I ran to get a cup of water turn it off. Luckily it all hit the manifold so yeah. But I still cant get it to run right! Vacuum is a lil better. its 12 now it was 10 before. But it still idles high. WHen you accelerate it takes forever for the idle to come back down! The codes that keep being thrown is 172 and 136. Running too LEAN!

THis is my second time bolting things down. But i think i had enough with it! Ive spent so much freaking money on it. I dont want to spend anymore! I think ima give it one more try. And thats it. Ima part it out! Tired of this ****!

My SC caught fire as well. If you pull everything off again, pull the fuel rail off as well...Leave the injectors on. Have someone turn the key to the on position (not start) to pressurize the lines, turn it off, turn it to on again, turn it off, then turn it on again. See if any of the injectors are leaking. I had 2 bad injectors on the passenger side, cylinders 5 and 6, that caused my fire. After O-ringing the newer injectors and testing them before mateing the fuel rail to the manifold, they sealed perfectly.

I also replaced the IAC, TPS, Cam sensor, and the EGR pressure sensor. It started up and purred like a lion.

Don't part it out. You'll regret it man. Trust me.

Stephen

That's a good point I don't see anyone mention. I have done a lot of the Bosch style injectors that will leak right between the metal body and plastic top. Sometimes it's when pressure checking them some of them where at only 35-40psi. My Taurus had one that did that recently. Every once and a while I would smell gas and since the AC was on I knew it was from the front because of the vent. Also it would go away. After checking everything that related to fuel. I ended up pulling the injectors and putting them on the stand. One of them started to leak about 35 psi. I also did a set for a guy here on the board that had several that leaked (though they had been in a fire bad enough to melt the front and rear rubber hoses on the fuel rail.)

Jeff

J57ltr said:
That's a good point I don't see anyone mention. I have done a lot of the Bosch style injectors that will leak right between the metal body and plastic top.

The sad thing is I should've done that the first time. Then I wouldn't of had to worry about it the second time. They leaked fuel from the plastic top when we tested them, still on the fuel rail. I'm talking bad. I could imagine they were spraying all over the place with the constant pressure from the fuel pump...thats what caused my fire...and 800 degree headers too.

Stephen

Back