tps question

biggcountry5656

hey i was wondering if my tps isn't adjusted to the right volt will that make my car run bad?? right now i think its around .7 volts and i know its suppose to be around .98 to 1 volt please help me i'm at a stand still with my car it wants to hang when u let off the throttle and then i makes a rumble nosie and die down to about 700 rpm i have changed all my sensors i have a 85mm throttle body and 76mm mafs and 38lbs injectors and a mag power inlet plenum and a s ported blower rasied top under drive pulleys i have a chip but when i turn it on it just makes it worse i know the plugs are messed up because of my lean condition i fixed that a new 190lph fuel pump the car wants to run but it seems that something isn't lined up right once again please i hope someone can help me out.

well

if you changed the tb theres a chance that the tps isnt indexed properly-there is a small amount of adjustment with the screws loose-but not much-if need be notch the holes out a little and turn it until you get the proper reading-a new tps might also help the situation if you cant get the old one to read properly

ok

Charkly said:
if you changed the tb theres a chance that the tps isnt indexed properly-there is a small amount of adjustment with the screws loose-but not much-if need be notch the holes out a little and turn it until you get the proper reading-a new tps might also help the situation if you cant get the old one to read properly

so will the tps being out of range make it run bad the tps i have up there is a new oem sensors from ford but i have not changed the ect but i haven't got a check engine or a code for any of my sensors the ford test just showed me that both my tps and mafs was out of range at that time both were reading about .48 strange but when i put a needle threw the out put line of my tps the volt meter showed it was at .7 but anyway i hope i can get some anwers i have not been able to get the car to run right for a long time with all those up grades it still ran stock times at the track but that was when i had a lean condition i wasn't getting but 20psi at the rails at idle oh well thanks for the advice

biggcountry5656 said:
so will the tps being out of range make it run bad the tps i have up there is a new oem sensors from ford but i have not changed the ect but i haven't got a check engine or a code for any of my sensors the ford test just showed me that both my tps and mafs was out of range at that time both were reading about .48 strange but when i put a needle threw the out put line of my tps the volt meter showed it was at .7 but anyway i hope i can get some anwers i have not been able to get the car to run right for a long time with all those up grades it still ran stock times at the track but that was when i had a lean condition i wasn't getting but 20psi at the rails at idle oh well thanks for the advice
so does anybody have anything else to say about this

The 94 is very sensitive to sensor inputs. Your TB must be set up right before you can begin anything else. No guessing. Set your throttle stop, tps and air bleed before moving on.

XR7 Dave said:
The 94 is very sensitive to sensor inputs. Your TB must be set up right before you can begin anything else. No guessing. Set your throttle stop, tps and air bleed before moving on.

so how do u set the throttle stop and air bleed what r u talking about there that went over my head

Back