Door hinges; top or bottom?

XR7Kurt

Which is it that causes the sagging? Top, bottom or both? It looks like Victor sells the top one and Supercoupeperformance sells the bottoms.

Kurt

Cobra85 said:
Generally both will be bad.

Not true. The lower hinge is the first to go bad. Then if ignored too long the additional load placed on the upper hinge causes it to wear. Lifting the door will show play if the upper hinge is worn. Rebuilding the lower hinge will fix the lower hinge but a bad upper hinge needs to be replaced.

Also the hinge rebuild they are selling is for the Lower Hinge Assembly Only :)

Rich

Last edited:
Rich Thomson said:
Not true. The lower hinge is the first to go bad. Then if ignored too long the additional load placed on the upper hinge causes it to wear. Lifting the door will show play if the upper hinge is worn. Rebuilding the lower hinge will fix the lower hinge but a bad upper hinge needs to be replaced.

Also the hinge rebuild they are selling is for the Lower Hinge Assembly Only :)

Rich

The picture in your signature looks kinda familiar. Where have I seen a red SC sitting on jack stands like that before?

I can lift my door quite a bit and can see the looseness on the top hinge, so it looks like I need to fix both.
but a bad upper hinge needs to be replaced.
Can't rebuild the upper hinge? Can I get a new one? From Ford? Or do I need to try to get a used one in good shape?

Kurt

Bottom Hinge new, Top and bottom we sell used also not new!

bottom one!!! We sell top and bottom oem but used. The bottom one will fix it! Now we're opening a a new store which will service you even better easier prices will be competitive but always fair honest and 2nd to none customer service..... We will have Even more parts than ever We even sponsor other clubs News letters new services coming to your computer real soon. Tune in!!!
Take care!
Victor and Diane
www.spinningwheels-sc.com
spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
352-732-5013 If we do not answer please leave your name number and what time we can reach you best. Second shift starting good Morning everyone!

Last edited:
Back