Few Minor Things

Broke Neck

Well ... my starter finally went, it was making a horrible noise ... then left me stranded finally. So I replaced that the other day.

(has nothing to do with the starter situation) but for some reason my car doesnt seem like it pulls as hard. So I figure its time for a tune up. Dont know when the last one was done.

Looks like a pain in the *** to do, and i dont have the time to deal with the car being down forever cause i took a bunch of stuff apart to get to plugs. So if anyone is up for earning a few bucks and a case of beer ... please let me know.

Also brand of wires, and plugs that would probally be a great choice would be great. I figured Motorcraft wires would be my best bet.

Last time I had a problem ... I was surprised that a few people actually went out of their way to give me a hand. And actually came over to my house and knew exactly what was wrong. Definatly makes me more appreciative being a member of SCCOA then the other forums im part of.

Broke Neck said:
Well ... my starter finally went, it was making a horrible noise ... then left me stranded finally. So I replaced that the other day.

(has nothing to do with the starter situation) but for some reason my car doesnt seem like it pulls as hard. So I figure its time for a tune up. Dont know when the last one was done.

Looks like a pain in the *** to do, and i dont have the time to deal with the car being down forever cause i took a bunch of stuff apart to get to plugs. So if anyone is up for earning a few bucks and a case of beer ... please let me know.

Also brand of wires, and plugs that would probally be a great choice would be great. I figured Motorcraft wires would be my best bet.

Last time I had a problem ... I was surprised that a few people actually went out of their way to give me a hand. And actually came over to my house and knew exactly what was wrong. Definatly makes me more appreciative being a member of SCCOA then the other forums im part of.

Driver's side is relatively easy. Passenger side is something else. The only thing you really have to remove is the intake tube on the passenger side. I've found that it's easier to also take the 4 mounting bolts out of the A/C compressor & slide it forward. Makes it easier to slide your arm in there. The BEST tool you can have in your inventory is a stubby flex-head 3/8" ratchet. Also a deep 5/8" socket that's NOT a plug socket. It's nearly impossible to get a plug socket off the #2 & #3 plugs when you put them back in.
Most of us "vets" who've done it will be happy to help you out.

log on tccoa and go to technical articles,changing wires and plugs.according to them it's easiest if done from underneath the car. a couple of plugs can be accessed from the top,but anyhow check it out.let me know how it goes because i'm getting ready to change mine

Back