noticeable power and tourque loss when engine warms up

matt's sc

have a 93 sc, it has 250,000 miles on it. When i first start it up , it runs great and its very powerful, but after it has been driven a while and the engine temp gets to about normal i can feel the power loss,

oh, if this helps its sounds different when it is starting after it is warmed up, the pulse of the cylinders firing is a softer noise

any ideas?, thanks

When was the last time you changed you plug wires and plugs. Mine was doing the same thing, changed the plugs and wired and ran like a champ.

matt's sc said:
have a 93 sc, it has 250,000 miles on it. When i first start it up , it runs great and its very powerful, but after it has been driven a while and the engine temp gets to about normal i can feel the power loss,

oh, if this helps its sounds different when it is starting after it is warmed up, the pulse of the cylinders firing is a softer noise

any ideas?, thanks

I suspect after 250K it may need a rebuild. That's alot of miles, no matter how well the car was maintained. BTW, how much oil does it use between changes.

David

mine also

it did the same thing to me, so i changed the plugs n wires, and then i noticed that one of my cats were plugged so i did a straight pipe and runs so much better

Back