Eec- Iv

MySCRocket1203

has anyone had to replace there eec im having the idle problem and the car stutters and dies somtiems ive replaced the dis the cam shaft sensor the crank shaft senor the coil pack the spark plugs the wires the battery checked the grounds its not a consistent problem but a frequent one i took out the computer and put it back ina dn it seemed to make the problem less im wondering if i have a bad harness some where or if i have a bad pin or two int he eec or what the hell is going on the last thing to replace is the harness also if i ahve to replace the eec is there a better then oem model where can i find it and whats it cost and i gotta say i love this forum you guys are awesome

What about the MAF? Those do go bad sometimes- the little hot wires inside them get dirty, and the electronics get contaminated, which would cause some of those symptoms you mentioned. The MAF is that sensor with 4 wires on it that is hooked up to your intake just before the airbox (between the airbox and the TB).

Have you checked the IAC and TB? That is the FIRST place to look when you have idle problems, since the IAC controls idle. What happens most of the time is the PCV vents vapor from the crankcase into the inlet plenum. The oil mist swirls inside and deposits oil every where in the intake system. Since the IAC is a solenoid and moves back and forth to block or allow air into the engine bypassing the throttle plate it gets gummed up and causes an erratic idle or low idle.

JEff

MySCRocket1203 said:
has anyone had to replace there eec im having the idle problem and the car stutters and dies somtiems ive replaced the dis the cam shaft sensor the crank shaft senor the coil pack the spark plugs the wires the battery checked the grounds its not a consistent problem but a frequent one i took out the computer and put it back ina dn it seemed to make the problem less im wondering if i have a bad harness some where or if i have a bad pin or two int he eec or what the hell is going on the last thing to replace is the harness also if i ahve to replace the eec is there a better then oem model where can i find it and whats it cost and i gotta say i love this forum you guys are awesome

I had the same symptoms it turned out to be the main charging wire on the back of the alternator was corroded and my bat voltage was fluctuating below 10 volts and the car will run like crap and my alt light never came on.
check your bat voltage when the car is messing up.

Back