ABS Pressure Switch

85TbirdSC

I have been reading and searching this forum the last few days to help figure out an ABS problem. I have figured out from the very helpfull threads that the prob is my ABS pressure switch has expired. Thanks to all the people who have posted on the ABS threads that I have searched looking for answers I have the problem solved. I just wanted to add a couple of things I have figured out regarding the pressure swith replacement.

1. Price of new one, from different sourced I have found the swith from $98.00 plus shipping up to over $200.00. I ended up picking one up from 5 star ford in Lewisville, Texas for 113.00 plus tax. They have them instock, call the parts deptment and ask for David Davis. He gave me the discount for Grand Priarie Mustang Club and it was a pretty good discount from $205.00 that it lists for. I am not even a member of GPMC. He qouted me that price and I looked on the ticket after I picked it up and that is how I knew about it.

2. Getting the damn thing out is pretty tough if you dont have a 1 7/16 or 36mm deep well socket. As listed in several posts OTC makes the tool Ford uses replace them Part number is 206-021. Right now they are out of stock till the end of June. OTC will not sell direct to public but only through a dist. Auto Zone is no help even though they are a dist. CarQuest and Napa aren't much better. Was able to find a Napa Dealer who could get me the tool for $105.00 but not till end of June. I did find a cheaper/quicker solution. Home Depot sells plumbers wrenches for taking shower valves out. One of the sizes is 1 7/16" . It is thin walled and deep so it works great. $7.00 for one or $16.00 for a set of 5.

I hope this helps out people who may be searching this thread later as my search turned up very good info and I wanted to do what I could to help other in the future.

Welcome

J.D. said:
Thanks for that tip on the Home Depot wrench. I'm saving it in my SCCoA\Brakes folder.
No prob.... Hope others get as much help on thier SC as I have on mine form this site.

Back