electrical problems plz offer input

wigglesrewind

okay guys my bird is having some problems, my HVAC stuff has been screwed up for a while, i replaced the hvac control unit(climate control module) and the heater core but have since realized the problem extends beyond just the heating. my rear defroster doesnt work also along with my firm ride control, since these things seem unrelated i though to check the fuses(i believe its fuse 12 that controls them and it was in good shape. the fuse wasnt blown or anything but to my suprise when i pull the fuse out and replace it again ( with the same fuse, not a new one) the heat and defrost and ride control work and function normally. however after a short time, like if i shut the car off after driving it and go to work for 8 hours and come back out it will all not work again. i assume that something is building up resistance in the electrical system causing everything to not work. how would i go about finding what it is?

I'd replace that fuse but also look for corrosion...also pull the center console cover off and check the connection to the ride control...how bout your fog lights are they working?? Check that connection under the consol too...look for corrosion in this area too...

The fuse holder pins may be deformed. Take fuse #12 out, slightly twist the two contacts/blades with a pair of pliers, and reinsert it.

the fog lights also only work when the fuse is removed then reinserted... thanks for the ideas guys, i'll check it out and report back

Back