New to the Supercoupe trend.

94atlanticstang

Hello my name is Jake and I am looking to install my eaton m90 s/c invertedly on my 3.8L. I am looking for multiple parts and information on how to do this. I have selected Rpm-mustang.com's forged rod/piston set up for my some of my lower.
I am looking for:
PUlley set ups
S/c Block and crank
Blower parts
t-body
and a few random parts
I have a rebuilt m90 and its powder coated black. i also have a spare 3.8 block but I dont know how they hold up, it is not an s/c.
I also would like to make the m90 whine loud so IF anyone has any info on this i would greatly appriciate all the help
Thank you.

Well,

There is a lot of info on what makes the SC engine stronger than a N/A 3.8.

Inverting the blower would require a special manifold that was NEVER MADE. Only one person here (MANNYSC) ever did the inverted set-up with intercooler. The inverted set-up without intercooler would over-heat the air and make the air charge temps so high, as to not let the engine run properly.

The engine needed to do this is a complete SC block as the 3.8 N/A cranks are cast and WILL NOT hold up to the torque created by a supercharged motor. Also the processor will need to know that the air-charge temps, spark advance/retard, air/fuel enrichment, and other items that a normal 3.8 will not read since it did not exsist.

If you own a Thunderbird, sell it and buy an SC. Much easier and all the work is done.

My real question would be to ask....Why are you doing this??? Better going with a turbo set-up, and a lot less work.

Do a search here on the forums and look under the FAQ section.

lube70 said:
There is a lot of info on what makes the SC engine stronger than a N/A 3.8.

Inverting the blower would require a special manifold that was NEVER MADE. Only one person here (MANNYSC) ever did the inverted set-up with intercooler.
Actually 94atlanticstang, a few corrections to Don's post
There are a couple of manifolds with inverted eaton blowers and intercooler running around:
attachment.php

The engine needed to do this is a complete SC block as the 3.8 N/A cranks are cast and WILL NOT hold up to the torque created by a supercharged motor.
Many people have supercharged their 3.8 motors with success on the stang forums (V6Power.net comes to mind). One SC owner even put his M90 on a 4.2 truck motor (cast crank also).
Also the processor will need to know that the air-charge temps, spark advance/retard, air/fuel enrichment, and other items that a normal 3.8 will not read since it did not exsist.
You will need to do some custom tuning for the EEC to properly control spark, air/fuel and load requirements. The ACT sensor will also need to be moved accordingly.

thanks for the help, I am working on measurements and all to attach the blower. what intercooler would work, is it custom or what car did it come off?
a couple things I am looking for are, about 350-400hp, loud blower, 12-18 psi, and for it to run pretty good, so I am looking for alot.
I am on v6 power alot researching, reading and learning, Where was that set up in the photo from?
Thanks for the info!

94atlanticstang said:
thanks for the help, I am working on measurements and all to attach the blower. what intercooler would work, is it custom or what car did it come off?
a couple things I am looking for are, about 350-400hp, loud blower, 12-18 psi, and for it to run pretty good, so I am looking for alot.
I am on v6 power alot researching, reading and learning, Where was that set up in the photo from?
Thanks for the info!
The ic in the picture is a custom built unit from 3 bar and plate cores which were welded together then welded to a billet housing. That photo is of a kit I designed and fabricated. I actually received word from its owner yesterday that it is making 25lbs of boost and pegging a blue tube C&L 80mm MAF (thats over 1000CFM btw) with a 10% jack pulley and 3.10" blower pulley.
I finally installed an air to air kit using an M112 last week on a different car.
m112stockkit9.jpg

I spent the better part of Sat with help from a few SCers taking it apart to track down a vacuum leak which I think we finally nipped. Once the tune is dialed in, it will be making a trip to the dyno and track for some #s.
I presume from your user name you own a stang? You may want to look into putting a cobra or lightning blower on your engine instead of sticking with the M90 if you want an easy recipe for your 350-400 HP goal.

Paul

Back