Car Stays Accelerated after shifting into nuetral!

darkstar_one

Hey. I noticed that the car stays accelerated when i shift into neutral coming to a stop it will stay around 1500-2000 RPMS and then come down after 2 - 3 seconds! Why is this? No Check Engine Light or anything. Anyone have an idea? I already replaced the TPS. Car idles fine around 700 - 800 RPMS around 18 - 19 INCHES OF VACUUM? What else can be the problem?

have you changed the tempature coolant sensor? You might want to try that the car will get a false reading that it's cold out and making it rich.

There is no problem as thats the way its supposed to work.
Your speed sensor is telling the ECU that your car is still rolling so it keeps the idle slightly higher until you come to a complete stop. Perfectly normal.
Now go drive your car that you've worked on sooo hard here lately and enjoy it because it will break again......I mean.....its an SC afterall. :p

also. did i mention my cars vacuum goes just to 21 when you coast. i guess coast would be let go of the accelerator and just let it go by itself. when i had the AOD it would go to 22- 24 inches. anyone?

I think coasting with a manual transmission means that the clutch has to be disengaged.
By the way, your Member Page still shows your SC as an auto.

Yeah i dont think you can change that. I tried already. But no way to change that. But anywho. Ima take it to work. See how it all goes. I want my B&M ripper shifter already. This shifter is loose like a moose. But anywho. Anyone else have similar stuff like mine?

okay... i tried to live with it.. but it just bothers me that after 2-4 seconds the car stays accelerated then it idles normally... even my dad was like ur car is idling too high.... well anywho... so this is normal right? all 5 speed guys is it the same with you?

Back